I can't open my game

by Mandaduke

Original Post

I can't open my game

★★ Novice

We just got a new laptop so I installed the Sims 3 base game using the disk and downloaded the expansion packs from origin but when I go to the launcher it comes up with multiple script errors and when I click on the play button it come up with something from EA saying that I have to be connected to the internet so that it can verify the games ownership. I've tried to disconnect and reconnect to our wi-fi, signed out and back in to all my accounts and even restated the computer but nothing has seemed to help. If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

Message 1 of 8 (204 Views)

Re: I can't open my game

Hero

Make sure the following program are up-to-date

• Origin
  • Java
  • Flash Player
  • Adobe Air
  • .Net Framework
  • Windows

If that does not help, try clearing the Internet Explorer Browser Caches.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (197 Views)

★★ Novice

I got the script errors fixed but I still get the following errors when trying to play the game.

There is a problem connecting to the server. Please ensure your connection is active. If the problem persists try again later

or

The game needs access to the internet in order to verify ownership of this game. Please ensure that you computer is online and try again.

Obviously my computer is online since I am posting this.

Message 3 of 8 (189 Views)

Hero

Make sure you have Proxies turned off.

Control Panel --> Internet Options --> Connections --> LAN Settings --> Untick Proxy Server

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (183 Views)

★★ Novice
Proxy was unchecked. Problem remains.
Message 5 of 8 (179 Views)

Hero

Make sure nothing is blocking the connection (firewall, anti virus, another program)

Here's a list of programs that are known to cause a conflict: https://help.ea.com/article/programs-that-may-cause-conflicts-with-origin

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (154 Views)

★★ Novice

I did a complete uninstall. I reinstalled the base game from the disc and was able to play the game. After I downloaded an expansion pack from origin the problem started again.

Message 7 of 8 (148 Views)

Hero

So it seems that something prevents the EPs to be properly verified.

Contact a game advisor so they can check if everything is in order on your account. Since we're users here like you, we can't do that.

Game advisors can be found through live chat.

1. https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ 
  2. Click on the orange NEXT button
  3. Select a platform
  4. Click on the orange NEXT button
  5. Select a topic and describe your problem in a few words
  6. Click on the orange NEXT button
  7. Click Chat Now to chat with a Game Advisor

In Details here: How to contact a Game Advisor using the new EA Help page

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (143 Views)