I can't log into Sims 3

by alexmgough

Original Post

I can't log into Sims 3

★★ Novice

So I can log into the Origin website and everything else Origin related just fine. I only have it to play Sims 3. I've been playing Sims 3 for a couple months now, but I've never been able to log into it. When on the "Sims 3 Game Launcher" I will click log in, put in my Origin email and password, and submit. Then the screen refreshes, but nothing changes. It still just says "login" instead of showing me as logged in. I've also tried launching the game and logging in from the home page on the game. Same problem. No matter how many times I try it it will not let me log in. Can anyone help please?

Message 1 of 14 (456 Views)

Re: I can't log into Sims 3

★ Novice

glad to know I'm not the only one with this problem. It's been like this for me for about 5 months now...

Message 2 of 14 (444 Views)

Hero (Retired)

As far as I can recall, changing your password helps this issue. 

Otherwise, you will need to contact a game advisor as we cannot assist with account-related issues: http://eahelp.ea.com/en/ . For help with navigating the site, see this: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Beta-Archive/How-to-contact-a-Game-Advisor-using-the-new-EA-Help-page/m-p/2...

Best of luck and happy gaming

Message 3 of 14 (438 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you! I changed my password but I still seem to be having the same issues.

I'm waiting for a support call now. If I can I'll post the resolution for this issue here, for other people who may be struggling with it.

Message 4 of 14 (427 Views)

Hero

Did you get a call and was support able to help you ?

Have you tried a different browser ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 14 (413 Views)

EA Staff

@alexmgough and @Broadway_lvr 

We are looking into this issue and we would like to request some additional information from you to help with the investigations:

1. Origin ID
  2. Exact date and time this issue last occurred
  3. Exact steps you take to cause this issue to occur

Thank you in advance!

Message 6 of 14 (388 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thanks for your responses! I was able to get a phone call and have the issue resolved. It was not an issue with my account, the respresentative attempted to log in for me from her end of things and she was also unable to. She put me on hold for a while, and told me she needed to check on a few things, I think she said she gave me a new "number" for something. I'm sorry, wish I could be more help, but I'm not very good with Origin lingo lol. Anyway, when she took me off hold, she had resolved whatever the issue was, and I was able to log into The Sims 3 successfully and have not had any problems since. I'm not sure if you'll still want to look into this but please feel free to. To anyone else having this issue, a phone call seemed to fix it! Standard smile

Message 7 of 14 (374 Views)

★ Novice

my origin ID is Broadway_lvr, just like my sims 3.

I tried it again today, December 17 at 3:17 PM. 

I'm trying to register at the Sims 3. So I go to the website, click login, enter my email and password, click login, and it sends me to the registration page. I select my existing persona, my gender, and check the box "I have read and accept EA's Privacy Policy and Terms of Service." Then click signup, and it seems to just refresh the page. My existing persona still shows up, but everything else I selected disappears. No idea...

Message 8 of 14 (368 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

You can now create a Sims 3 ID through the website directly. If you are experiencing issues with the game launcher when trying to access the website, do the following:

1. Visit: store.thesims3.com. 
  2. Select “Login” in the top left. 
  3. Log in using your Origin user name and password
  4. You will be asked to go through a short flow to sync a Sims 3 account with your Origin account
  • The page will be titled: “Register for The Sims™ 3 Community”
  • Select persona, gender, and accept TOS, and hit “SIGN UP!”
  1. After completing this flow, you should be able to login to the launcher using your Sims 3 account Standard smile
If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 9 of 14 (360 Views)

★ Novice

I'm not experienceing issues with the game launcher. The registration page is what I'm having issues with. I do all that but when I click sign up on the registration page, it just refreshes the page and doesn't let me sign up.

Message 10 of 14 (351 Views)