I can't get Families to place in Moonlight Falls!

by Azhurelee

Original Post

I can't get Families to place in Moonlight Falls!

★★★ Newbie

Ok I bought Supernatural on the 11th of September. I installed, and started playing. I didn't notice any problems at first because I always build custom Sims, and then custom houses for the Sims to live in. Well this took me about a week as crazy as it sounds. I didn't get to play much as my sister in law was in labor with her baby for over four days. So on the 16th I loaded up my game and went to place my Family in the house I built, and this is where it gets tricky.

I purchased one of the cheaper homes placed in Moonlight falls, so I clicked purchase the loading circle popped up for just once second and then it disappeared! So all I can see is the town from map view, and there are no menus or options available to me. I had to open the cheat screen and type in 'quit' in order to get the game down.

I have ran the game without my mods folder and custom content. Still didn't work.

Yesterday the 17th I completely unistalled my two expansions and the base game, re installed and it is still doing it. I still cannot place families or even choose one of the already placed families in game.

So I started playing in Pleasant Valley. It was working just fine. Got my family placed on a lot, spent two hours constructing the walls of the house, saved, and went I went to get back on an hour ago it loads up, but the game takes me to a complete different lot then the one I had my Sims placed on. No matter how I try I can't get back to the lot I was working on. This is crazy!

Message 1 of 2 (227 Views)

Re: I can't get Families to place in Moonlight Falls!

Hero

Did you delete the cache files are removing the mods ?

Go to documents\ea\thesims3 and delete these files

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

Not sure if I understand it right but are you saying, your game corrups every time you re-load it ? Were those new or pre-patch games you were playing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (224 Views)