I can not install sims 3 expansion packs due to unable to update the launcher

by vanus_hui

Original Post

I can not install sims 3 expansion packs due to unable to update the launcher

★★★ Newbie

I bought some sims 3 expansion packs today which are seasons, into the future and island paradise. I tried to install these games but I failed because of the update issue.

When I got in the launcher, it said that i have to have the lastest game to update the 1.67 version. I don't know which the game that I bought is the lastest one ,but i still tried to update it. After the launcher is updated, it still shows that I have to update. So, I tried it again, this time it shows that I already update the launcher, do I still want to update it again? Things got a little bit tricky here, after that I tried to put in one of the games and it still said that i haven't update yet.

Therefore, I couldn't install the games. Please help me out!

Message 1 of 4 (235 Views)

Re: I can not install sims 3 expansion packs due to unable to update the launcher

Hero

Try downloading the patch manually here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Patch-1-67/td-p/67858/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (218 Views)

Re: I can not install sims 3 expansion packs due to unable to update the launcher

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I downloed the super patch that you gave me. At first, it seems like it is installed but after i got into the launcher it said that there is a new update i have to update, My launcher is still at 1.42 version. Therefore, I tried to install the update launcher again and it asked that I already installed 1.67 version, do i still want to install it. Right now i still couldn't install the new version launcher and the games that i bought.

Thank you.

Message 3 of 4 (209 Views)

Hero

Try running the update as administrator then

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (199 Views)