I bought Sims 3 through the humble bundle

by Brownwing96

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I bought Sims 3 through the humble bundle

★★ Novice

I bought the humble origin bundle, and after registering the Sims 3 serial code to my origin account I was unable to sign up for a Sims 3 community account to redeem the date night DLC, as it kept saying my serial was invalid, even though I used my origin account to log into the site

Message 1 of 476 (26,839 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Date Night DLC

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi everyone,

I'm closing this thread as the initial issue was resolved.

Please read here how to get your Humble Bundle codes and how to install them:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/IMPORTANT-The-Sims-3-Humble-Bundle-SOLUTION-16-08-2013/m-p/14002...

We are aware that some of you have the issue that they:

• can't log into the Sims 3 website
  • get an 404 error on their My Page
  • are prompted to create a new user when they try to log in ingame

If you have one of these issues, please follow this thread. We will update it with any news on the issues we get:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/My-Page-404-and-in-game-login-constant-quot-new-user/m-p/1407848

We have a lot of great FAQs and guides about the most common issues with Sims 3 here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/READ-FIRST-Known-issues-guides-and-FAQs/m-p/227274

If you have an issue that is not listed in there, please report your problem in a way that makes it easy for us helpers to assist you. Read here how to do that best:

Help us Helpers to Help you - by crinrict

Make it easy for the community to help you.

Thank you so much for your patience,

Ursula

PS: I marked this is solution to make it more visible.

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png

View in thread

Message 476 of 476 (2,823 Views)

All Replies

Re: I bought Sims 3 through the humble bundle

★★★★ Novice

Same here. I can't even get Sims 3 installed because the installer wants a 20 digits key and I only got the 16 digits key from Humble Bundle for Origin. I checked the info box for Sims 3, but there is also only the 16 digits key -.-

Message 2 of 476 (26,576 Views)

★★★ Novice

At least you guys were able to activate your key in the first place ... I can't even get the Origin Activation window to load.

Message 3 of 476 (26,569 Views)

★★★ Novice

same here... laggy website and origin is laggy too... tried activating through sims website and it told me to go to my purchase history to download but it doesnt even show there... if i try to redeem the code again it says its allready been redeemed.... this is ridiculous.

Message 4 of 476 (26,556 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Seems you need to go directly to thesims3 website as suggested in this Humblebundle page.

As for me, I'm unable to connect to thesims3 website. Am I the only one ?

Message 5 of 476 (26,535 Views)

cannot redeem sims 3 code

★★★ Newbie

I recently purcased the Origin Humble Bundle which comes with Sims 3 Starter Pack. I have registered with Origin and TheSims website, when I redeemed the code I got a message that told me to go to my purchase history to download, when I checked the page it said I had not made any purchases.

Help please

Message 6 of 476 (13,616 Views)

★★★ Novice

I was able to access the Sim site, and I entered my code which said it was successful, but when I view the purchase history, its empty. Now it says my code is no longer valid.

Message 7 of 476 (26,516 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

The Support told me that they are aware of this temporary problem and they're trying to fix it. I may contact them if there is no fix in the next 2 days.

Message 8 of 476 (26,496 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It's strange. The HB-key worked in Origin and the game showed up on the Sims 3-site (check your My Games-section under http://mypage.thesims3.com/aboutMe/profile.html below your avatar).

Still I cannot convince the installer to install the game as it really really wants a 20 digits key -.-

Message 9 of 476 (26,495 Views)

★ Novice

for me tooFrown

Message 10 of 476 (18,861 Views)