I am so angry with you and Origin right now!

by grammyclp2010

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I am so angry with you and Origin right now!

★ Novice

HELP! I installed The Sims 3 and the Supernatural expansion pack onto my old laptop. I have a new one now, and tried to install the game, but Origin tells me that my registration code is only a one time use! I am so angry! What do I have to do, go buy the games again just to get a registration code??!!!! Please help before I take these games back and get a refund! So angry with you! I also don't think it's right that you have to be online through Origin to play the Sims game! I liked you the way you used to be EA!

Message 1 of 8 (402 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I am so angry with you and Origin right now!

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

np with the rant it's understandable  Standard smilei'd probally do the same too ,  yes they are supposed to be reusable which for some reason which i don't of or about a code can suddenly become invalid or used or that licence limit was reached message hmmm i wonder if you log into the origin account from the desktop log in with your email and password for your account  does the game show up in your origin my games tab ? and see if you can try download it from there

other than that it is contacting CS via live chat which is done through a window like an instant messenger as only the CS reps can look at accounts and handle code related issues

if in the event you wish to contact CS

1.https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/
2.Click on the orange NEXT button
3.Select a platform
4.Click on the orange NEXT button
5.Select a topic and describe your problem in a few words
6.Click on the orange NEXT button
7.Click Chat Now to chat with a Game Advisor

guide on how to contact CS

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Beta-Archive/How-to-contact-a-Game-Advisor-using-the-new-EA-Help-page/td-p/...

edit typo

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (376 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

what happened ? licence limit reached message ? and while i do understand your anger most of us here are players helping players we're not EA and you can do a play off line for origin some where in the orign settings i'd have to look up how to do that  you'll still log into origin from the desktop but it'll be an offline log in

Message 2 of 8 (391 Views)

★ Novice

Sorry about the rant lol. It says it's a one time use...........I don't understand how that's possible and I don't know what to do to fix this so I can download it to this laptop. Aren't registration codes supposed to be reusable?

Message 3 of 8 (380 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

np with the rant it's understandable  Standard smilei'd probally do the same too ,  yes they are supposed to be reusable which for some reason which i don't of or about a code can suddenly become invalid or used or that licence limit was reached message hmmm i wonder if you log into the origin account from the desktop log in with your email and password for your account  does the game show up in your origin my games tab ? and see if you can try download it from there

other than that it is contacting CS via live chat which is done through a window like an instant messenger as only the CS reps can look at accounts and handle code related issues

if in the event you wish to contact CS

1.https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/
2.Click on the orange NEXT button
3.Select a platform
4.Click on the orange NEXT button
5.Select a topic and describe your problem in a few words
6.Click on the orange NEXT button
7.Click Chat Now to chat with a Game Advisor

guide on how to contact CS

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Beta-Archive/How-to-contact-a-Game-Advisor-using-the-new-EA-Help-page/td-p/...

edit typo

Message 4 of 8 (377 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Is your game a disc game or a digital download? If its a download, you have to "De-authorise" the one laptop, you can fund that via the launcher under game updates.

Message 5 of 8 (367 Views)

★ Novice

It's a disc. And I contacted EA CS, they were very helpful. Thank you for your help as well. I would have never found them if it weren't for your help. Y'all are awesome! Thank you for your time!

Message 6 of 8 (353 Views)

Hero (Retired)

fanatstic.. really happy it was solved for you Standard smile

Message 7 of 8 (349 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I am so glad you had it taken care of, I have used EA CS many times and they have always been wonderful. I am glad they helped you too. I find I dont call them anymore when I follow a lot of the helpful tips here.

Happy Simming!

Message 8 of 8 (338 Views)