I Can't Register The Sims3 Monte Vista

by CupidsArrow94

Original Post

I Can't Register The Sims3 Monte Vista

★★ Apprentice

I purchased the Sims3 Monte Vista game from Walmart. Came home installed it on my PC. Entered the 16 digit code. The game is not showing up in Origin at all. I can't register it ...it keeps saying that the code is invalid. There is no product code on the box that it came in. and it only came with a paper pamphlet with the 16 digit serial number. I under stand it's a world/stuff pack. All the other games I have bought, I have no problems registering. This is very frustrating to me. Also can't connect to Origin from the Sims3 game launcher when it loads either. I would appreciate some feedback explaining this issues and how to rectify the problems. I have reinstalled origin already to ensure that I have the latest version. 

Thank you in advance

Cupidsarrow94

Message 1 of 17 (6,521 Views)

Re: I Can't Register The Sims3 Monte Vista

Hero

Check your purchase History: https://store.thesims3.com/purchaseHistory.html

Store Worlds are not downloaded from Origin but from thesims3 Store.

In case of Monte Vista, it should actually auto install from the disc. Here's how it's supposed to work: http://simsvip.com/2013/01/12/sims-3-monte-vista-retail-disc-info-screens/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (6,463 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I bought mine from Gamestop tonight. Installed it.. Entered the 16 character code and its not showing up on my origins account or in my sims3 account online. What gives?

Message 3 of 17 (6,393 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem and I have tried a plethora of different ways to fix it! I have yet to find the answer! Please help!

Message 4 of 17 (6,370 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same problem...There is a registration code on the box but when I enter it says "invalid code".  

Message 5 of 17 (6,253 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the same problem as everyone else trying to register the game, the pamphlet only has 16 instead of the usual 20 character key. I see some people had to enter in the key when they installed it however, I wasn't prompted for it and I also do not see "Monte Vista" as an option in my list of towns.. I generally stick with the world adventure towns, but the games were on sale so I decided to try buying a new world.. What gives? 

Message 6 of 17 (6,165 Views)

★★★★ Guide

It's only supposed to have a 16 digit code.

Can any of you download it from here?

Message 7 of 17 (6,155 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've also had this problem, I also bought from Wal-Mart, was a very reasonable price and I was excited to download it, but it will not allow me to size the launcher any bigger, so when I enter my 16 digit code, all I can only see, "OOPPS sorry were not able",

when I looked up this problem, I could not find the expansion pack of the Monte Vista, period, I have the disk in my hand so it exists, so why does it not appear in the choices for getting help?

If the game does not have to be disk form, you should be able to have the choice to download it when you chose to update your game, and it should not be sold in stores if so, it is wasting our time and money, and with the economy the way it is, that's valuable and it would be nice to not have to worry if I am wasting my money when I have extra cash to spoil myself to a game, so yea, what gives EA??

I am not happy with this. I have pretty much every expansion pack out there and I have never had this problem, never, I won't trust buying another game if I have to take this one back.

Sincerely very aggravated&&disappointed.

Message 8 of 17 (6,129 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem

and I feel tired now, trying and searching for solutions by my own

Message 9 of 17 (6,121 Views)

★★★★ Guide

If none of the advice already given works, then I would suggest you contact Customer Support.

You have the option to contact them by mail, phone or Live Chat, depending on the selections you make and the time of day. Make sure you have a game, a category and a platform selected for the options to become available.

Message 10 of 17 (6,119 Views)