Re: I Can't Register The Sims3 Monte Vista

by Apriliss

Original Post

This helped me download my Monte Vista by bypassing the script error in my launcher

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Redeem Bonus Content for The Sims 3:
Some expansion packs come with bonus content for players who register their game online. The most common bonus content is where The Sims 3 (base game) and World Adventures will each grant 1,000 Simpoints to a registered player’s account.
These are 16 digits codes for bonus content. If your code is a 20 digit code for the base game or an expansion, please see the earlier section of this article. If you do have a 16 digit bonus code to redeem but have not yet registered your game or expansion, you should do so prior to redeeming your bonus code.

1. Go to http://www.thesims3.com and login to your account.
  2. Click on the The Store tab in the menu bar at the top of the page.
  3. Then click the My Store Account tab.
  4. Click on the Green "+" icon sign across from Redeem a Code to expand that section, if it's not expanded already.
  5. Enter your 16 digit code for your bonus content.
  6. Accept the Digital Services Agreement and the Privacy Policy.
  7. Click the green Redeem button.

Message 11 of 17 (2,955 Views)

Re: This helped me download my Monte Vista by bypassing the script error in my launcher

★★★ Newbie

I've tried this.  MV supposedly shows up in my Purchase History, but there is no icon, and now nothing from the store will download.  I've tried three browsers, IE, Chrome, and Firefox, and have cleared the cache on each.  Nothing will spawn a download link to the installer.

Message 12 of 17 (2,946 Views)

Can't Redeem SIms 3 Monte Vista DVD

★★★ Newbie

Bought the DVD, entered the code and the redeem button doesn't activate and will not allow me to click on it.

When I am loading the install program I get the following error:

Script Error

Line 74
Char 4

Error: Object doesn't support property or method 'easySlider'

Code 0

URL http://www.thesims3.com/launcher/redeemMVDVD.html

I went to the link provided and the redeem button on website there wouldn't activate either.

What do I do? I bought the expansion at a store that I can't return it to, and I can't play the game either because it will not install. Please help.

Thanks!

Message 13 of 17 (2,975 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Found a solution on this thread, fixed it for me!

Couple of questions/options:

First, did you follow these instructions below? The code format is correct (4x4). Sims 3 Monte Vista is extra content and not like an expansion pack. You will not see a game tile in Origin to download. You will also not be able to redeem the code through the Origin client. All of these codes must be redeemed by following the instructions below:

1. Go to store.thesims3.com/myAccount.html in your web browser.
2. You will be prompted to login to your Sims 3 account. If you don’t already have an account, you can register one for FREE by selecting the "Join Now for Free" link.
3. Once you've logged into your Sims 3 Account, Select "Redeem a Code".
4. Under the Redeem a Code panel, put in your 16 digit game code to redeem Monte Vista.
5. Next, go to your Purchase History and select "Download" underneath the Monte Vista icon to install the content.
6. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation process.

**IF the above does not work for you, you receive an error the code is already used or that you are already entitled to this content, can you please try the following:**

1. Launch Sims 3 and make sure that Sims 3 is fully up to date.
2. Make sure you log in. In the upper right hand corner of the Sims 3 launcher, you'll see "Log in Here"
3. Once logged in, click on the 'downloads' button on the left.
4. You should now see that Monte_Vista is displaying with a check box to the left.
5. Select the checkbox and then click "install" at the bottom of the page.

This should get you up and running.

Message 14 of 17 (2,789 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had a same problem with Monte Vista and I used reedem code in the website of sims 3 and it worked. At first I didn't see the icon of Monte Vista in purchase history but after couple of refresh, it came. Now downloading Monte Vista from my purchase history.  Thanks!

Message 15 of 17 (2,614 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You need to follow these steps:

1.Go to http://www.thesims3.com/

2.Make sure you are logged in

3.Go to 'My Page' then 'My Account'

4.Click 'Redeem A Code'

5.Click the '+' next to 'Redeem A Code'

6.Write the 16 digit code(serial number)

7.Accept the Digital Services Agreement

8.Click 'Redeem'. After you clicked it, it will tell you to got to the Purchase History. Don't worry if you don' see it in there. It will appear in maximum 10 minutes

9.When in Purchase History, click 'Download' under the item. It will open the Sims 3 Launcher and start to download it there

10.When the download is completed, select the item and click 'Install'. It will take maximum one minute to install it

11.You can now start playing The Sims 3 and use the item in the game.

I hope it helps. Standard smile

Message 16 of 17 (2,482 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did the phone chat with them an was pretty much told I was a liar they wouldn't help do anything I had to go thru so many questions an proving I had bought the game it was such a hassle with no results Ive had so many issues since origin was added it's not even funny I pre ordered the Island Paradise as a disc an they refused to send it gave me the download version w 3 different excuses on why I didn't get my copy the way I paid for so I don't think there is any hope for a fix to this problem

Message 17 of 17 (2,255 Views)