I Can't Download From The Sims 3 Exchange?

by cammyeverdeen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I Can't Download From The Sims 3 Exchange?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I'm not sure whether this has already been asked, but I have googled the problem and I haven't found an answer. It's happened a couple of times, and the first time or so I thought I'd just try again later. But it still isn't working.

So basically, when I try to download something (ANYTHING!)  this comes up:

Message 1 of 4 (1,838 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I Can't Download From The Sims 3 Exchange?

Hero

Funny enough there's only Riverview showing as registered on public myPage. I have no idea why you where able to get Riverview but you do need to have the base game registered to download from the Exchange.

Did you try to register the base game ? Did you get a success message ? Not all used games were registered before so it's basically a matter of previous registration not if it was owned by someone else or not.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (1,919 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Also, my game is Sims 3 base game on PC, with only Riverview and nothing else downloaded. It's (fairly) new for me, as I've been playing since about October 2013, and I'm not an expert at anything.

Sorry if I was a little ranty earlier Confusedmileywink:

Message 2 of 4 (1,821 Views)

Hero

Funny enough there's only Riverview showing as registered on public myPage. I have no idea why you where able to get Riverview but you do need to have the base game registered to download from the Exchange.

Did you try to register the base game ? Did you get a success message ? Not all used games were registered before so it's basically a matter of previous registration not if it was owned by someone else or not.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (1,920 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have exactly the same problem and even though I bought the game second-hand the person I bought it from never registered it online, just used the disc. I know that my game is registered through origin and when I go to my page on the Sims 3 site it says that the Sims 3 is registered yet every time I try to download something it tells me I have to register something. It's driving me nuts!

Message 4 of 4 (1,308 Views)