How to re-install the EA Download Manager ( The Sims 3 )

by demonicvampire12

Original Post

Re: How to re-install the EA Download Manager ( The Sims 3 )

★★★ Newbie

pleas i want to instail the sims 3 patch but i cant help me to get it :P

@autumnrain1427 wrote:

I installed Origin, but none of the games that I had purchased are there.  How do I get my games back?

@autumnrain1427 wrote:

I installed Origin, but none of the games that I had purchased are there.  How do I get my games back?

Message 41 of 57 (2,184 Views)

Hero

Try downloading the patch manually here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Patch-1-67/td-p/67858/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 42 of 57 (2,182 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@crinrict wrote:

Try downloading the patch manually here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Patch-1-67/td-p/67858/

!!! This worked!  Once I downloaded and installed the Super Patch from crin's link, I was able to go ahead with the install of World Adventures.  I haven't tried downloading the other packs yet, and the launcher is still yelling at me about EADM when I try to check for patches there.  But, hopefully there wont be any issues with completing the install of the remaining expansions.  I'll come back and check in when I continue the installs.

Message 43 of 57 (2,166 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Oke I would like to ask what Origin is thinking treating clients this way?

I would like to point out that afther having to reinstal the sims 3 more than 20 times over the last 3 years (almost everytime I want to play the game I get an error to reinstal the game)

Now I get the message to dowload your crappy download manager. I already have Origin and the last posted lnk here leads to no where.

This is the final straw for me after you shut down battleforge, crappy service about battlefield and the sims middivel and now the sims 3.

I hearby ask you to get your things in order or quit making games. I'm not the only one that you'll make immensly happy then.

Cymberley

Message 44 of 57 (2,070 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you thank you thank you!! I was having the same problem that you all were having and what you told me to do worked perfectly!  However I didn't have to uninstall EA, only origin.  Standard smile)))))

Message 45 of 57 (2,008 Views)

★★★ Newbie

so i read through this thread cus i too, was having the issue of not being able to install expansions without updating the base game and the base game telling me i need EADM to update, and i'm going to give downloading the patch manually but this really got me wondering...

why does Origin still have the original retail version for download? why aren't the install files kept up to date with the latest patches as they're rolled out, i understand for physical copies  it not being plauseable unless there's a repackaging (for deluxe, combo packs, etc) which allows them to send out updated copies to stores but digital sales should really be the most current versions always.

case in point, the original retail version of TS3 used EADM for keeping updated, over the 5 years of it's life it has switched over to Origin and i would imagine there was a patch somewhere that told TS3 to use Origin for updates instead of EADM. now we have the problem of an older version being installed without EADM and having a hissy fit about it because it has no idea that EADM doesn't exist anymore.

it would certainly make users and tech support happier if the digital download versions kept up with all updates as they got rolled out.

Message 46 of 57 (1,928 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for your help!!! This worked:womanhappy:

Message 47 of 57 (1,820 Views)

★★★ Newbie

so for mine i try to reinstall the sims 3 and it says sorry you already entered this code plese try a new one i hate i hate i hate ughhhhhhhhhhhConfusedmileymad:

Message 48 of 57 (1,821 Views)

★★★ Newbie

someone plz help me i am failing so badConfusedmileysad:

Message 49 of 57 (1,819 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have done this and I can still not download my Sims supernatural. Then, it says I need to update a current version of Sims 3 but whem I play Sims 3 it says the game is already updated. Help?

Message 50 of 57 (1,793 Views)