Re: How to install The sims 3 without internet connection?

by crinrict

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

This is the exact problem I am having. Customer service has given me two different takes on this based on the three times I called them. The first two were stumped and said exchange it with the retailer and try again. That being all I could get, that's what I tried. Same problem. The third call to customer service yeilded the answer that this was a "new convenient feature" requiring online activation. I really hope she is mistaken about that.

The product I purchased was "The Sims 3 plus Season" wihch comes with a disc for the base game as well as a Seasons expansion disc. This being the most recent EP to The Sims 3, it wouldn't be surprising if this is in fact a new implementation to the base game disc. Though it does not say on the game case that online activation is required.

Well... Yeah. I'm upset about that.

Message 11 of 27 (17,126 Views)

Hero

It's the directions EA seems to be going so it would not really be a surprise to me but yeah, completely agree. SimCity 5 seems to be requireing a constant connection to the Internet to be even able to play which will me make to so not buy that game. I play SimCity when it originally came out so I would have loved to try it but it they go down that road, sorry EA, not so much.

It people that pirate the game are not going to be stopped by this and again it's the loyal, paying customer that has the problem.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 27 (17,121 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi there,

I'm currrently having the exact same problem. The installer keeps on asking me to download Origin (I also bought the disc for the game) and I never get the option to just install the game itself.

Have you by any chance found a solution yet?

Message 13 of 27 (16,251 Views)

Hero

Did you install Origin ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 27 (16,250 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am also having this exact problem! Anyone any further to figuring it out?

Message 15 of 27 (15,946 Views)

★★ Novice
Anyone find out a way!? I finally bought Sims 3 & i don't have internet. I would have never bought the game if i knew it required internet to INSTALL!! Help!
Message 16 of 27 (15,167 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
The fine print on the back says Internet is required.
Message 17 of 27 (15,106 Views)

★★★ Newbie
The fine print would seemingly be in regards to the "includes bonus date night clothing*". Sneaky bastards. I'm returning this **bleep** and never buying another ea product. If you can't clearly state that not only is an internet connection required to install a game you.just spent $30+ on but also you must sign up for our lame authentication program in which we can gather all information from your computer and won't be shared with anyone unless required by law BS... APARENTLY, the recent NSA thing doesn't bother anybody. Think I'm crazy, read the "Consent to use of data" paragraph. F this
Message 18 of 27 (14,487 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. I bought the Sims 3 plus University and am forced to download Origin. I downloaded Origin and it proceeds to start downloading the base game instead of installing from disk. The University expansion installs from the disk. It's really just annoying. 

Message 19 of 27 (14,429 Views)

★ Novice

i found that i could install it by going to my computer and right clicking on the game in what ever your drive is my drive is e:/  and try this think i might have got a solution for you try this http://prntscr.com/1pegm6
http://prntscr.com/1pegrx
http://prntscr.com/1pegwl
and click the one that say sims3 setup and you should be fine

Message 20 of 27 (13,942 Views)