Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keeper
zucksks
Accepted Solution

How to install Sims 3 on Windows 8

I have searched the internet repeatedly trying to find how to install the Sims 3 on Windows 8.  When I insert the disk, autorun doesn't pick up so I have to go through my computer, open the drive, and run it.  The first thing it does it run "origin" which I find highly annoying.  After it has installed and updated origin, I go online to the folder where I'm supposed to click on my game, put in the code and choose download.  Great except the download does not work. It says it's going to take nearly 24 hours to install.  Last time I checked, my internet connection isn't from the stone ages.  Why can't I just put the disc in and install the game without having to go online?  I have noticed people having compatibility issues but I can't even get the game installed enough to experience those issues...or at least I don't think that's the problem.  Can someone please give me the instructions on how exactly to install the game on windows 8 because EA's support is about as descriptive as a wood door.  Thanks.

crinrict
Topics: 175
XP: 4,326
Solutions: 4,046

Re: How to install Sims 3 on Windows 8

Try this method: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Mass-Effect-3/How-do-I-install-from-disc-without-download/m-p/1384#M22

Should be the same for Sims 3. Just do the same for Sims 3 instead of Mass Effect 3.

Let me know if it works.

Good Luck and Happy Simming
Crin

Please accept a solution if your issue is solved. XP is also appreciated
I don't work or have any association with EA
Questions belong in the forums. I don't answer questions via PM.
Help us helpers to help you

Bitte akzeptiere eine Lösung, wenn dein Problem gelöst ist und verteile XP an Beiträge, die du hilfreich findest.
Ich arbeite nicht für EA und habe sonst auch keinerlei Verbindung zu EA.
Keeper
zucksks

Ha!  Worked great...I spent a few hours going through different steps yesterday and nothing worked.  This was easy to follow and so far, so good. Thanks a bunch!

crinrict
Topics: 175
XP: 4,326
Solutions: 4,046

Glad to help and good to hear that it worked.

Thanks for the feedback :smileyhappy:

Good Luck and Happy Simming
Crin

Please accept a solution if your issue is solved. XP is also appreciated
I don't work or have any association with EA
Questions belong in the forums. I don't answer questions via PM.
Help us helpers to help you

Bitte akzeptiere eine Lösung, wenn dein Problem gelöst ist und verteile XP an Beiträge, die du hilfreich findest.
Ich arbeite nicht für EA und habe sonst auch keinerlei Verbindung zu EA.
Keeper
dweav420

i bought the sims an downloaded it an a few month went buy had to clean the computer an wiped it clean an now it wont let me put the code in the on the cd case

Keeper
AlanaJane903

hey I know this is late... But you wouldnt happen to have any other solutions? This one doesnt work for me :smileysad:

Keeper
Oscarismycat033

I'm having the same issue.  Any ideas?