Re: How to get my game back, no code or disc?

by EA_Kristi

Original Post

How to get my game back, no code or disc?

★★ Novice
I restarted my computer and my sims 3 uni life won't reinstall, but I lost the code and disc. I even have the box. What can I do to get my game back? Do I have to repurchase?
Message 1 of 9 (480 Views)

EA Staff

Hello @lilacire,

I am sorry to hear that you ran into issues with installing the pack.

Did you ever register the University Life expansion pack on theSims3.com website or on Origin? If you did register it, but cannot find it now, is it possible you registered it under a different account?

PS! Moved your post to the Sims 3 forum Standard smile

- Kristi

Message 2 of 9 (468 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
@EA_Kristi
Hi, thank you for replying. I registered my game on origin. I only have one account that I use. Maybe the university life download or launcher got deleted after restarting my computer?
Message 3 of 9 (455 Views)

★★ Novice
Actually, I finally found the disc.. could that help? I just don't have the code.
Message 4 of 9 (434 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@lilacire The discs are generic and the code on the discs is dated. Did you redeem the code on Origin?

Message 5 of 9 (424 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
@roberta591 hi, I put in the code and disc when I downloaded my game.
Message 6 of 9 (402 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@lilacire The discs are generic and now the software on the discs is dated. You need to redeem the code in Origin and get the digital download version. Once you download the game Origin will patch the game to version 1.69. This will disable/remove the DRM SecuROM and SafeDisc (which are no longer supported by current operating systems due to poor support) and make Origin the DRM. As optical drives are disappearing digital download seems to be the way to install games.

Message 7 of 9 (390 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
@roberta591 Like I said, I don't have the code
Message 8 of 9 (379 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@lilacire The discs are generic - all the same. The code that is on the card in the case is what you need. Did you reinstall the operating system? If you did the activation code is no longer in your computer. Did you ever register the game in Origin or thesims3.com?

Message 9 of 9 (368 Views)