How to download digital copy of my game? (Switched computers)

by linneacake

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How to download digital copy of my game? (Switched computers)

★★★ Newbie

So I used to have a Mac laptop with Sims 3 installed. I registered the game (or so I thought?), had downloadable content, life was great. Then I lost my disc and contacted EA support to see if I could get a digital download since I still have the product code. They said yes, but only for PC. My Mac recently crashed and now I do have a PC--is digital download still an option? When I tried through Origin it said I had to do it from thesims3.com, but when I put my code in there it told me it was an invalid code. Help?? 

Message 1 of 8 (23,975 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How to download digital copy of my game? (Switched computers)

Hero

You can register and download your digital copy through Origin.

Here's instructions how to do it:

https://help.ea.com/article/redeem-your-serial-code-in-origin

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (28,718 Views)

All Replies

Hero

You can register and download your digital copy through Origin.

Here's instructions how to do it:

https://help.ea.com/article/redeem-your-serial-code-in-origin

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (28,719 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi

Doesn't work for me - just keeps saying that the code is already redeemed - which I know!

I need a digital copy as I can no longer install from my disc.

Thanks

Message 3 of 8 (22,795 Views)

Hero

Does it not show up in MyGames on the client ? If you've registered on thesims3.com, it's automatically added to Origin. Make sure to use the same account/email address as on thesims3.com

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (22,793 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problem for me.  I try to redeem on origin, but it says the registration code has already been used.  When I go to the origin site and try to look at my order history there are a lot of items there but with no descriptions and no content at all.  When I try to find my registered game content on EA its a nightmare!  Cannot find a thing and my sims 3 outdoor living stuff disc is broken Frown

Message 5 of 8 (22,624 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So, I lost my Sims 3 seasons disc a few months ago. It was already downloaded on my other computer, but then when my brother was using it, he spilled juice all over it and now it isn't useable. We had all my progress saved on a flash drive but no one knows where that is. When I got a new computer, I just started over. So, this morning, I decided that I would just buy the game through origin. I purchased the game but when I clicked the download now button, all it did was send me to a quick loading scree and then take me to the my games section. I tried again but the same thing happened . So now I have paid for the game twice but it wont download. So after that whole ordeal, I decided to look it up an I found something saying that the game could be registered through the Sims website so I did that and it worked. But when I went to go register my digital copy" though origin, it said that the code was already used. So origin isn't working for me right now and I don't want to pay for the game a third time just for it to not work again. Oh and, the games that I have downloaded don't show up under my games section. What shows up is the base game for Sims 3, Sims 4, and the demo for the Sims 4 CAS. I have downloaded multiple games through origin and they worked fine. Can someone please help me with this problem or show me how to contact origin? Thank you!

Message 6 of 8 (19,694 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Never mind. Origin helped me figure it out.

Message 7 of 8 (19,692 Views)

★★★ Newbie
First take your code to the Sims website and register as a user then register the game code. Then go to origin.com and refister as a user using THE SAME EMAIL.ADDRESS AS THE SIMS WEBSITE. DOWLOAD the ORIGIN SOFTWARE PROGRAM.. After the program downloads, log into it, go to your GAME LIBRARY, click on the game you have (it automatically syncs with simple website ) and download the game.
Message 8 of 8 (11,417 Views)