Re: How long for the term of services for them to do an “investigation"?

by roberta591

Original Post

How long for the term of services for them to do an “investigation"?

★★★★★ Novice

Can anyone who also had to contact EA because of missing expansion/stuff packs tell me how long it took until your account was all fixed?

I talked to a guy though the chat support on the 9th and he sent a dispute file to the term of services for them to do an “investigation.”

I know that it hasn’t been very long and the chat support guy did say “there is no specific time frame for the result,” however I would still like to know how long other people had to wait for this issue to be solved.

Thanks

Message 1 of 4 (221 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@stephAnie1864  It depends on the issue involved. Where did you buy the missing expansion/stuff packs? If you bought them from any vendor packaged with a disc - the item should be good. Only authorized third party vendors can sell codes. Valve's Steam and Amazon are an example. If you bought the items that are code only from an Ebay seller and the packs are deactivated that issue is between you and the Ebay seller and EA has no connection to the sale. Ebay is like a giant flea market and I don't buy ANYTHING from Ebay with the knowledge your going to get reputable service. I have to admit that most of my dealing with Ebay have been reputable but there were a few that I never got what I paid for or didn't get what was described in the ad. I recently bought a 3 mo. Xbox Live code that didn't work and spent the next 12 hours in chat with the most rude woman? that kept telling me the code was good. I couldn't tell if the code was good, bad, or what - all I knew is the code kept giving me an error. So much for tech support. Ebay has some protection, there is always reporting to the banking facility (card) that you used, the BBB, and I'm sure there are more. When you purchase the EA game/pack you do not own it. What you purchase is a license to use the software under the EULA (end user license agreement) which spells out conditions under the TOS (terms of service). As this is an Ebay purchase the first point of contact is the place of purchase. EA should be able to tell you the status of the game/pack in one phone call. If the code was NOT generating through the EA system then the issue is between you and the place you bought it. I took a bunch of old used pc computer games to a second hand store and they would not take them.  HTH

Message 2 of 4 (214 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

They were brought for cheap from ebay and that was one of the first things I told the support guy on chat.

I explained my problem of my games being installed in Origin but not appearing in the launcher and the man I was talking to checked my account and said “they were locked on your account by our terms of services, but no worries, they are still there but just inactive.”  He then told me he will send a dispute file to the terms of service for them to conduct an immediate investigation.

Im just wondering now how long it took for other people who went through the same thing with packs brought from ebay to have their account working properly.

I understand what the problem was and it’s being fixed, I just want to a have an idea of how long I should be waiting for the investigation to be complete

Message 3 of 4 (212 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@stephAnie1864  Some users have said they got the game/packs reinstated but I don't know all the issues involved. Some users said they had bought their games for Amazon and had issues. I buy most of my games from Amazon and have not had any issues as Amazon IS an authorized EA reseller. There is no way to wholesale codes for EA products unless they getting the codes from an authorized reseller and only big box stores sell the game/packs with discs that are sealed. Once the chain of sale of codes has broken the chain of distribution you need to return to the place of purchase. Ebay is an online flea market. I do not know of any vendors that are authorized by EA to sell just codes. You need to contact the seller - which in any case you need to do that first, contact Ebay, contact the bank that issued the card you used or paypal, the BBB, and many other organizations I can't think of right now. The only 2 resellers that I know that can issue codes only is Amazon and Valve's Steam. When you buy the game you do not OWN the game - what you purchase is a license to use the software. You agreed to the EULA (End User License Agreement) the first time you started the game after installation. The EULA spells out the TOS (terms  of service). Have you contacted the seller yet?

Message 4 of 4 (209 Views)