Re: How can I install The Sims3 from disc WITHOUT using Origin?

by SongDarkMoor

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

The same thing is happening to me. This is really frustrating and everything posted DOES NOT WORK. There is no way around Origin

Message 11 of 22 (6,180 Views)

★ Novice

thank you I would like to help you with something I know cheet codes with in thed game

I think it's control c and a box opens on top of screen Type mtherlode and thes sims money gets 50 thousands

Message 12 of 22 (5,991 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have the same problem. I go to download it and it doesn't recognize that I have Sims 3... and I don't use Steam or HAVE Origin. I just get an error message to download Sims 3.

Message 13 of 22 (5,983 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much!!!! So relieved and happy that worked!

Message 14 of 22 (5,960 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thanks.
Message 15 of 22 (5,714 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

this worked PERFECTLY!!!!

Message 16 of 22 (5,708 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Attempting this on a computer that cannot go on the internet legally (Security reasons). You guys need to stop linking stuff to online accounts sense 15% the US is not allowed to go online. I need to know how to install the content I bought on CD to a computer that cannot touch the internet. 

Message 17 of 22 (5,380 Views)

Hero

If you bought the game after sept 2012, it says on the box that you need an active internet connection to install the game. There's no way around that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 22 (5,359 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Origin quite frankly... sucks. As does EA's customer service for issues. And from what i have seen with downloading the Sims 3 Base Game on my Windows 10.1 and all it will not run without installing the crappy Origin alongside it. I to only wanted just the game to download not the Origin nonsense along with it. I HATE Origin, and the customer service here with EA as a whole also. Downloading it from Origin itself rather than a disk is even worse I've noticed, the quality i mean and running of it. I misplaced my disks when i moved and downloaded the Sims 3 from Origin directly; it was chaos trying to get anyone to help when it stopped loading things correctly and kept logging my account out and giving me issues logging back in and no one paid much mind until i reported them to the Better Business Bureau. Even after that they try to tell me my laptop cannot perform with it when it exceeds the system requirements stated for Sims 3 and Meets the ones for Sims 4 on the back of the games packaging and fine print they put there. But if they see it as not able to function with your device they will give you a refund through their refund policy as i was told. If you have issues with EA/Origin go to the BBB: Better Business Bureau and open a business complaint and things will move along a little more professionally for you. 

I do not work for EA/Origin. Just a gamer girl

Message 19 of 22 (5,202 Views)

★★★ Newbie
how did you download th sims base
Message 20 of 22 (4,838 Views)