How Do I Download My Sims 3 Expansions Without Origin?

by BabyBrightEyes

Original Post

How Do I Download My Sims 3 Expansions Without Origin?

★★ Apprentice

The digital download versions are Seasons and Late Night.

All my other Sims 3 games are disc, that I bought on their release dates at a local electronics store.

I preordered the Base Game from The Sims 3 website, not origin.

I used to have the links to the downloads but, I lost the links during a recent browser crash.

I can't  find the links again. They were located in my purchase history on the sims 3 website.

I do not want to use Origin because, it messes with the game causing it to hang and crash.

Plus, if I download the expansions using origin, I can't play the game without using origin.

How can I download my expansions without using Origin?

I contacted support they said the game links are in my store under purchase history.

I checked, the game links are not there, only the store items I have purchased are there.

Thank You

Message 1 of 3 (356 Views)

Re: How Do I Download My Sims 3 Expansions Without Origin?

Hero (Retired)

@BabyBrightEyes This will take some explaining. First you don't own the software what you pay for is a license to use the software in a way described in the EULA. That said EA most likely doesn't want to make major changes to a game AFTER release unless EA has to. TS3 was released with SecuROM and SafeDisc in 2009. These DRM methods had poor support and over time left vulnerabilities in the operating systems. Recently Windows 10 and El Capitan do not support SecuROM and SafeDisc and the new DRM is Origin. Origin is much like Valve's Steam and Steam seems to be well received by users. So you see it is not EA but anti piracy software and Microsoft and Apple. I don't see DRM going away anytime soon. EA could have said It's not EA's doing (like many other software houses) and just ignored the issues. If this were a perfect world there would be no need for DRM. SecuROM had an install limit and SafeDisc required a disc in the optlical drive to play. With optical drives disappearing from laptops and the install limit coupled with the lack of support, these DRM has out lived their usefulness. For the present I feel Origin is here to stay. Perhaps if you post about the problems you have there may be a fix.

hth

Message 2 of 3 (333 Views)

Re: How Do I Download My Sims 3 Expansions Without Origin?

★★ Apprentice

Thank You Very Much For Your Reply.

I used to be able to play the game without having to launch Origin and the game played around 80% better than it does with origin running in the background.

With it running the game hangs a lot and, the frame rate is real slow around 10 to 20 FPS.

I don't mind origin running in the background if only they (EA Games) would fix it so it didn't interfere with the game performance.

this is the only reason I want to play the game without it running in the background.

Message 3 of 3 (322 Views)