Re: Hidden Springs won't download!!!

by alrandall610

Original Post

Hidden Springs won't download!!!

★★★ Newbie

I bought the disc online over a month ago.  Got my new computer and found it was missing part of the code.  However, it would say it installed anyway, but it still won't let me use that world.  I got impatient and bought the game AGAIN through origin...now THAT won't install either.  I want my money back or something.  All the rest of the Sims 3 and expansions work perfectly.

Message 1 of 3 (1,196 Views)

Hero (Retired)

hidden springs is a sims 3 store DLC content item i'd seek arefund on the second purchase a syou already own it

the world once downloaded and installed will be in the maun menu +new game to select the world to play in you will still play from whatever game you normally from or your newest installed released game for worlds they will not be in origin my games tabs nor have a launcher icon or desktop shortcut icon as they are sims 3 store DLC's

hidden springs is a tricky one to reedeem  the code in your the sims 3 account in some cases the world is added to your sims 3 purchase history download and install from there in other cases the simpoints are added to you sim point balance BUT the points are to "buy" the world with

1. Go to thesims3.com and log in with your account
  2. Go to the general redeem a code page: http://www.thesims3.com/incentive/generalredeem.html
  3. Enter the 16-letter code (this is not for 20-letter codes) and click on Submit
  4. Go to your purchase history to download the world (make sure your game is updated to the newest version)

IF you redemmed the code in your orign account instead you may get the used/invalid error message you'll need to contact CS if that happened

Hidden Springs

The world can either be bought through Origin or as Code in a box in a retail store.

Hidden Springs is probably the most difficult to redeem if you bought the disc version (available also in the world bundle). The retail version does contain a disc but there's not much on it (the world sure isn't).  To make it even more confusing, when redeeming the code or going through the install process, for some the world isn't added to your purchase history but you get Simpoints credited to your account. You can then use to those to buy the world here: Hidden Springs. It doesn't matter that it says it costs 2000 SP on the page. If you got 2450 SP credited, that's what it will cost. The disc version is only for the world, there's no extra Simpoints. You can also only use those for the world itself and not buy something else.

There seem to be disc version around that give you a code that add the world directly to your purchase history. So if you don't get Simpoints, check there.

I'm unsure how the Origin version works but you might be getting points credited to your account as well.

if in the event you need to contact CS for a refund on the second purchase

1.https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/
2.Click on the orange NEXT button
3.Select a platform
4.Click on the orange NEXT button
5.Select a topic and describe your problem in a few words
6.Click on the orange NEXT button
7.Click Chat Now to chat with a Game Advisor

guide on how to contact CS

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Beta-Archive/How-to-contact-a-Game-Advisor-using-the-new-EA-Help-page/td-p/...

Message 2 of 3 (1,193 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I tried to install hidden springs, it skipped the code part and said it was successfuly installed but it doesnt show up on mt desktop or when i go to play the game...
Message 3 of 3 (1,018 Views)