Help!!

by happypandagirl

Original Post

Help!!

★★★★ Novice

My sims keeps crashing when the Challengedata thing gets put in sims 3 folder. It crashes and says its has stopped working. It also has started when i installed pets. I Need help. I miss playing sims. I Usual get about 10 minutes to play before it crashes. I  had custom content at one time but i uninstalled it all.  Please help!!

Message 1 of 28 (285 Views)

Re: Help!!

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

The challengedata fiile holds the info about badges you've earned and I haven't heard of this causing a problem. More then likely PETS is the problem. PETS requires more resources then any previous pack. Please post the video chip in your computer. Is your computer a pc or mac? From the error you are getting I'm guessing you have a pc with a video chip that may not handle PETS to well. Is the device driver up to date? What is your operating system? Didn't forget about you but it's been cold around Chicago today (0 degrees F at 5 AM this morning).  You could post the first part of your dxdiag would help.

Message 2 of 28 (279 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I Have a pc, And what would you like to see first? :catindifferent:

Message 3 of 28 (273 Views)

★★★★ Novice

and what is a video chip?

Message 4 of 28 (272 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

The video chip is part of the computer that talks to your screen. Typical chips are made by Intel, ATI (or AMD), Nvidia. These chips require a minimum of 128mb of dedicated memory. A weak video chip does not run PETS well. This information should be in the computers specifications or your can find it by running the program dxdiag. Save to desktop and double click the file dxdiag created. What is your operating system (like Windows 7 32 bit)?

Message 5 of 28 (259 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I think we need to start with make and model of your computer.

Message 6 of 28 (255 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i just know i have windows 8 and i have an acer if that helps.

Message 7 of 28 (254 Views)

Hero (Retired)

ok what is the model number? If it's a laptop that should be on the bottom. If it's a desktop there should be a tag on the back. Do a search for dxdiag and run it.

Message 8 of 28 (246 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Acer Aspire E1-571

Message 9 of 28 (243 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Its a laptop but how do i tell which one is the code, And how do i choose to run a diaxdiag on a certain thing?

Message 10 of 28 (240 Views)