Help my start up

by emi1235

Original Post

Help my start up

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

ok so my computer crashed so i had to re-download my sims3 regular game and my sims3 pets game. once they had finished downloading i went to start it up. please note that i lost all my memory (i forgot to back it up) when i hit the big green button my arrow changed to a circle and just kept swirling. so being the fast moving person i am i click a couple times on it and then a notice came up saying that it was not working and that it had to close the program. this now happenes every time i try to start it up. i have tried many of the things that the EA help center sayts but nothing works. i have loads of gbs left and i deleated every dowloaded extra i had. i also uninstalled sims3 pets. im on the verge of tears im so frustrated! please help me!

Message 1 of 6 (558 Views)

Re: Help my start up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

★★★★★ Apprentice

Could you try to open up the folder that sims 3 is installed into, and launch the game with the Sims3EP5.exe and see if it starts up? (If you uninstalled Pets, you might not have this file, so please try Sims3.exe instead)

Message 2 of 6 (548 Views)

Hero

If matshelge's solution does not work, try the Resetting to factory settings tip described here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Troubleshooting-Steps/m-p/714/message-uid/714#U714

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (544 Views)

Re: Help my start up

★★★★★ Newbie

well i could not find that folder but i found something that said it was about the launcher and this is what it said-

2012/08/01|21:31:55|assetId: 6184571|Exchange Download Failure. Download manifest server error.|This item has dependencies on EP or SP content that seems to be missing. The missing EP or SP content will be replaced with proxies.|<error code="CLIENT_ERROR"> <message type="friendly">This item has dependencies on EP or SP content that seems to be missing. The missing EP or SP content will be replaced with proxies.</message> <message type="debug">The version installed on the game client is not compatible with the required version for this content.</message> </error> ||Build Version: 10.0.96.013001|Platform: PC|Locale: en_US|Content URL: http://store.thesims3.com|Web Services URL: http://igs.thesims3.com| 2012/08/01|21:32:24|assetId: 6184571|Exchange Download Failure. Download manifest server error.|This item has dependencies on EP or SP content that seems to be missing. The missing EP or SP content will be replaced with proxies.|<error code="CLIENT_ERROR"> <message type="friendly">This item has dependencies on EP or SP content that seems to be missing. The missing EP or SP content will be replaced with proxies.</message> <message type="debug">The version installed on the game client is not compatible with the required version for this content.</message> </error> || 2012/08/01|21:34:58|assetId: 6186220|Exchange Download Failure. Download manifest server error.|This item has dependencies on EP or SP content that seems to be missing. The missing EP or SP content will be replaced with proxies.|<error code="CLIENT_ERROR"> <message type="friendly">This item has dependencies on EP or SP content that seems to be missing. The missing EP or SP content will be replaced with proxies.</message> <message type="debug">The version installed on the game client is not compatible with the required version for this content.</message> </error> || 2012/08/01|21:37:29|assetId: 6188645|Exchange Download Failure. Download manifest server error.|This item has dependencies on EP or SP content that seems to be missing. The missing EP or SP content will be replaced with proxies.|<error code="CLIENT_ERROR"> <message type="friendly">This item has dependencies on EP or SP content that seems to be missing. The missing EP or SP content will be replaced with proxies.</message> <message type="debug">The version installed on the game client is not compatible with the required version for this content.</message> </error> || 2012/08/01|22:23:16|OFB-SIM3:54847|Store Download Failure. Download manifest server error.||||Build Version: 10.0.96.013001|Platform: PC|Locale: en_US|Content URL: http://store.thesims3.com|Web Services URL: http://igs.thesims3.com| 2012/08/01|22:23:34|OFB-SIM3:45098|Store Download Failure. Download manifest server error.|||| 2012/08/01|22:24:07|OFB-SIM3:54847|Store Download Failure. Download manifest server error.|||| 2012/08/01|22:29:24|OFB-SIM3:46184|Store Download Failure. Download manifest server error.|||| 2012/08/01|22:30:00|OFB-SIM3:46185|Store Download Failure. Download manifest server error.|||| 2012/08/01|22:32:36|OFB-SIM3:48392|Store Download Failure. Download manifest server error.|||| 2012/08/01|22:33:11|OFB-SIM3:34127|Store Download Failure. Download manifest server error.|||| 2012/08/01|22:35:18|OFB-SIM3:46182|Store Download Failure. Download manifest server error.||||

as you can see (just skim thru it) the last few things say error now i know aloit about technology but i dont understand what this means...i will try the other soloution but i dont know how big the backer uper thing neeeds to be (in gigabites)

Message 4 of 6 (540 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

nope that didnt work either!!!!! i am fine with buying a new game disk but i dont want to buy a whole new one if its the computers fault or if the same thing will just keep happening......oh and i have an acer computer and a dell drive thing. please i really need help!!!!!!

Message 5 of 6 (538 Views)

Hero

That log is just about stuff you've downloaded from the Exchange and the Sims 3 Store. Shouldn't have anything to do with the problem at hand.

Don't buy a new disc, I'm sure there's a solution to this.

1. Where did you download it from ? Origin or some other site ?

2. What do you mean by 'lost all my memory ?

3. What's the exact error message your getting ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (534 Views)