Re: Help! Sims 3 is no longer working. Not happy, here!

by DarkAmaranth1966

Original Post

Help! Sims 3 is no longer working. Not happy, here!

★★★★★ Novice

After the newest upgrade (not impressed with that, btw) I cannot play Sims3 on my desktop. I have tried 'repairing' the game, still, it won't work. It crashes after the launcher starts the game before it even gets to the loading sequence. I can play it on my laptop, but it's laggy, VERY slow to load (I can do laundry, get something to eat - cooking it - and then come up to STILL wait) and sometimes it still won't load. Just keeps hanging until I sign out of Windows and sign back in. I can play Sims 4 all day long, but it's not the same as 3. No problems at all with 4. Any suggestions? It keeps saying that a program stops it from playing. I didn't have this problem until this latest update from you guys. 

Also, Create-a-world no longer works and crashes as well. 

Did I mention I don't like the updates? 

I am using Windows 10 (Ew) and even have the newest update, which took HOURS. 

Help? 

Message 1 of 7 (326 Views)

★★★ Expert

@ldwalker007 I moved this over to The Sims 3 forum for you.

Message 2 of 7 (304 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks!! I'm also chatting with them online to fix this problem too. 

Message 3 of 7 (299 Views)

Hero

Hi @ldwalker007

do you still require help ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (283 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

EA is trying to help me. So far... just a lot of hoop jumping for me, but nothing. If you know something... yes, please!  Standard smile 

Message 5 of 7 (277 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Actually, they just said it's on their end and they are working on the problem. I'll get an email when they have solved the issue. I personally think it's the launcher. There's no way to start it without it and it crashes when it starts. 

Message 6 of 7 (274 Views)

★★★ Expert

Yeah, Origin is getting picky about a few things now that never bothered it before.

It want's your Operating System and Graphics drivers to be 100% up to date.

It needs all of the VC++ files to be installed and free of errors, reinstalling ALL of them sometimes helps. Visual C++ Downloads.

It also likes ALL of .Net Frameworks enabled.

Press “Windows Key” + “R” at the same time.
Type “appwiz.cpl” in the “Run” command box that pops up and, press ENTER to run the application
In the “Programs and Features” window, click on the link “Turn Windows features on or off”.
Check if the “.NET Framework option is available in it.
If yes, then enable it by checking ALL of the boxes for it and then click on OK.
Let Windows get those working and, reboot if it asks you to do so.

Might be on the EA end but, TS3 does work for me so, this is worth checking.

Message 7 of 7 (271 Views)