Have lost my CD. What now?

by seba12345678901

Original Post

Have lost my CD. What now?

★★★ Novice

So yes, I had the game The Sims 3 and the 4 season addition. I installed everything, it worked well. I lost my 4 seasons addition and when I do not put the CD I cannot play. Everything was bought legally  the Sims 3 4 Seasons. I uninstalled the add-on and tried on normal The Sims 3 and it only works as in the basic version. I would like to play with the 4 seasons, but I probably will not find it. How can I still play with this add-on? Frankly, it changes a lot, so I care about getting the add-on back.

Message 1 of 23 (493 Views)

Re: Have lost my CD. What now?

Hero (Retired)

@seba12345678901 Do you have the games redeemed in Origin? The latest version for this game is version 1.69 and is only available through Origin. The software on the discs is dated. it is best to get the digital download version. The game was released with SecuROM and SafeDisc. The version 1.69 disables and/or removes these DRM and makes Origin the DRM. This removes the install limit and the need to have a disc in the drive to play. All you need to do is download the Origin installer - link - Origin client installer - install Origin - log in with your thesims3.com login or create a new account - redeem the product code in Origin and let Origin patch the base base. Then redeem the code for Seasons and then download Seasons to the download tab of the launcher (it may automatically download) - install Seasons AND check Seasons in the expansions and packs tab of the launcher.

Message 2 of 23 (482 Views)

★★★ Novice
But unfortunately, I have lost the activation code. Right now I have just the basic The Sims 3 CD. I have lost Seasons CD as well as the code. Only the package and the basic The Sims 3 CD is left. Although I used to play using the Seasons CD, until I lost it. Then I had to uninstall the Seasons Add-on and was only able to play the basic form of The Sims 3.
Message 3 of 23 (471 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@seba12345678901  If you have access to the computer that had the games and that computer hasn't been reset and the computer is a pc - try a program called gamekeyrevealer. This will display any game codes in the registry. The codes are what you need and if you never registered the games EA has no way of knowing what your codes are.

Message 4 of 23 (467 Views)

★★★ Novice
How does this code look like? How many digits does it content?
Message 5 of 23 (461 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@seba12345678901 The activations codes for the sims 3 games are 5 groups of 4 characters for the base game and 4 groups of 4 characters for expansion packs. You can also search the registry ( with regedit) for erg repeatedly and eventually you should find the codes IF they are still in the registry. Regedit is powerful and miss use can cause problems that is why I recommend using gamekeyrevealer (it is fast, easy, and safe).

Message 6 of 23 (454 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

All right, I can see some 20-digit code. Im not sure if it is not the basic The Sims 3 code, but anyway. What should I do now? Is there any way of getting back my Seasons having the 20-digit number? I can try to get maybe some different code on my laptop ( From what I remember, I used to play the Seasons on my laptop). Although I think I have never entered any The Sims code on the PC, but maybe Im wrong.

Thank you in advance

Message 7 of 23 (450 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@seba12345678901 You need to redeem the codes in Origin. Seasons code will have 4 groups of 4 characters. You needed that code to activate the pack so what ever you installed the pack on should have the code in the registry IF the computer hasn't been reset. Did you try gamekeyrevealer?

Message 8 of 23 (443 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
Yeah I've gotten this code from gamekeyrevealer. I will try it on my laptop. But the code I was revealed is 20-digit so I guess it is the game base. But I remember that Ive bought it in a pack: The Sims 3 and Seasons expansion. It is a quite popular option to buy. I guess you know that. And There were 2 CDs for sure, but I don't know about the code... Were there 2 codes or just one... How do you think?
Message 9 of 23 (439 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@seba12345678901 I seem to remember there was multiple codes on the page that came with the dvd (physical) version. There must have been a code for Seasons so you could register the pack at thesims3.com so you could get bonus stuff for buying the pack. The bonus stuff for Seasons is - Season's wall decal pack. You have to have Seasons registered on thesims3.com my page to download this.

Message 10 of 23 (436 Views)