HELP - I can't log in to the Sims 3 launcher to install content!

by natalielaw11

Original Post

HELP - I can't log in to the Sims 3 launcher to install content!

★ Novice
Hi, I really hope someone can help me. I'm beyond stressed. I have been trying for over 2 hours to log into the Sims 3 launcher as I downloaded a world from the Sim store but it won't let me and now I've wasted money on Sim points that I can't use, I'm so upset! Please help. I've tried what other people have suggested but it just won't work 😢
Message 1 of 8 (375 Views)

Re: HELP - I can't log in to the Sims 3 launcher to install content!

Hero (Retired)

@natalielaw11  If you have a pc try clearing the browsing history. The game uses IE to communicate so you need to clear the browsing in IE and not necessarily the browser you use.

Message 2 of 8 (361 Views)

★ Novice
Thanks for the reply. Can you please tell me how I can do it? I'm not very good with all this stuff! ☺️
Message 3 of 8 (351 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@natalielaw11 Open IE (Internet Explorer) - click the cog in the upper right - click internet options - browsing history click delete - click delete - click apply - click ok - close IE.

Message 4 of 8 (345 Views)

★ Novice
I tried it and it hasn't worked. It is still doing what it did before. Really annoying.
Message 5 of 8 (338 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@natalielaw11 Did you try it again? Are you clearing the browsing history in IE. IT HAS TO BE IE as that is what the game uses. What antivirus are you using? If you can't log in at the game launcher screen, the most likely issue is the cookie in IE is no longer valid OR something is blocking the authentication OR your ISP is blocking that data from some reason ) OR the EA authentication system is off line. I just brought up the launcher and was able to log in at the launcher. This tells me that the site authentication system is working for me. Did the game ever work?

Message 6 of 8 (334 Views)

★ Novice
I did it twice but I will try again now. Yes, it was on IE as I have Firefox but I did it on IE. Yes the game has worked before as I've downloaded and installed things via the launcher before now but it was just yesterday that it stopped. I tried it in the game and it says password or email wrong but I can't reset my password. I can log in perfectly fine online though.
Message 7 of 8 (331 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@natalielaw11 EA uses different systems for the forums sites, Origin, and the game. All these systems need to talk to other systems for various reasons. Due to changes in the data center and/or server software may cause loss of data communications. If you can log into Origin but not the game I can only recommend you contact EA customer service about this issue. Link to EA customer service - EA customer service

Message 8 of 8 (325 Views)