Re: Grahams petshop register

by roberta591

Original Post

Grahams petshop register

★★★★ Novice

I have Sims 3 Grahams pet shop in my game, so i placed it on a lot but it had a microwave in place of the register. i dont have the pet register in my game. 

so i found this online http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7660324 and tried to install it. the details dont say i need anything to use it but when i try to install it it says im missing some content so i cant install it. what could i be missing? i have the petshop...

Message 1 of 13 (3,390 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@onica432  The Exchange items may not work as noted and only the creator knows what was used to create the item. As far as the pet store register - you need to have the limited version and the register should be located in the build mode - community.

Message 2 of 13 (3,339 Views)

★★★★ Novice
It’s not there. I too have this problem of not finding the cash register. I have the limited edition and placed Graham’s pet shop but there is no cash register and instead a microwave on the counter. The build mode misc objects doesn’t show the petshop cash register nor does debug.
Message 3 of 13 (3,230 Views)

@darkdrea  If the Pet Shop venue has a microwave where the register should be, that likely means the register is not installed at all, so your game replaced it with another object that it thinks is similar.  (The microwave seems to be the consensus replacement for the register, but why is anyone's guess.)  When it's installed, you can find it in build (not buy) mode, under community objects/misc.

If you can't find the register, you may have a bad install or even a corrupt TS3 folder. You can test this by pulling your existing game folder out of Documents and onto your desktop and then launching the game to spawn a new one.  After you quit, you can download only Graham's pet shop into this new folder, and then start a new game so see if the register appears.  If it does, you can transfer your saves and other content into the new folder from the old one.  You will need to redownload and reinstall your store stuff, unless you want to go through all of your .ebc files to find out which one contains the store.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 13 (3,210 Views)

★ Apprentice

I hope this finds you all well. I have this problem too. I actually had the content: the register, paw doors and windows, the bone rug, the bone sign, etcetera, when I initially installed it on a blank slate game. I bought the fish tank. I should have bought everything custom to the pet swap shop right then because I still have the tank. I want to redownload it, and am hoping for a way to find the code that it has to uninstall it instead of re-installing all my Store content again. I tried to find a Mod to repair it, but it has been of no use. Repair Game doesn't fix it, uninstalling the game doesn't fix it, only reinstalling the pet swap shop does, and that only works for a session. If you know how to find the codes for the items on the store, I would really appreciate it if you shared it with me so that I may be able to do this fix in a night, rather than two entire days. Thank you, and have the best night and day!

Message 5 of 13 (1,893 Views)

★ Guide
@enchantress6274 Years and years ago, I purchased the CD with the Pet Store and then went around and around with EA for more than a year trying to get the register, which they said had severe issues and wasn't actually available. They never were able to fix it and ended up giving me store credit, which is still sitting in my account all these years later. Extremely annoying. I sort of remember a modded register and even being told, oh so nicely as is customary with some of the Sims folks, that I could find instructions online for modifying a store register to sort of work with pets. But to my knowledge as told to me by EA, the Pet register never did work well; therefore, they basically just excluded it.
Message 6 of 13 (1,888 Views)

@enchantress6274  If you can find the pet shop in the launcher, you can uninstall it from there, then reinstall it.  If the launcher isn't working, you can use Method by Mell, towards the bottom of the article below, to examine the .ebc files (not .dbc, those are custom content) one at a time, which should make it easier to find and uninstall the item.

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-get-rid-of-unwanted-custom-content.html

You may also have an issue with ccmerged.package, in DCBackup.  This file is necessary to make premium store content work, and its corruption is one cause of the pet register disappearing.  Since you're missing more content than that, this is unlikely to be your only issue; I'm mentioning it in case simply reinstalling the pet shop doesn't restore the register.

For ccmerged.package, the fix is to create a new one, which means installing all your premium content into a clean Sims 3 folder and copying over the file to your regular folder.  Or you can borrow the copy that Nonamena has uploaded.  Her copy supports all premium content, and it'll work whether you have all the content or just a few items.  (It doesn't make items you don't own appear in-game, just the ones you've installed.)  I can't link the site with the download here, since it's third-party content, but google should be able to find it for you.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 7 of 13 (1,882 Views)

★ Apprentice

Graham's Pet Swap Shop is entirely broken when you install it and quit. You'll receive the Warning Missing Content message when you load the Save its in again. The items you bought in the store still work and are not replaced, but every inch of custom content in the store is replaced or missing. My idea is, buy all the custom content the store has, save, and let it be until I want to reinstall the store again. It's the most we can get out it. 

Message 8 of 13 (1,868 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks for this post! It was incredibly helpful! I will learn a lot from this site, which makes me quite happy. I will try this from the Launcher. I think I can learn how to do it on YouTube if I have trouble with it. I will try this right now. Have a great day and night everyone!

Message 9 of 13 (1,867 Views)

★ Apprentice

I found that I have to do it the article way, that it's still in my game when I uninstall it from the launcher. I'm trying the article now, and will come back once it's done to say if it worked or not. I have a distaste for losing any bit of Simoleons, so hopefully I will still have the fish tank after this like I would if I took my The Sims 3 folder out of My Documents and renamed it. Then, installed all my content again. I would do what I know works, but I was hoping for an easier way. I just had an idea. What if it didn't work because I used the original Save that has the pet shop in it already? Would it have worked if I started a new Save just for downloading and installing it? It's really great you helped me, I hope that this way works. Have a great day and night!

Message 10 of 13 (1,844 Views)