Re: Ghost Sim living in a home.

by xastriid

Original Post

Ghost Sim living in a home.

★★★ Novice

I have never experienced this before. Ghost sims who have died for whatever cause, even from age are still living in their homes roaming freely like regular sims. It's kind of annoying :P    I don't know how to fix it and don't know why they aren't in the graveyard. They are taking up homes and roaming the communty lots.  How can I fix this?

Message 1 of 7 (385 Views)

★ Pro

Hi

When did this begin to happen? After installing something to your game or it happens since the beginning?

Ghost sims will appear at night and will go away when the sun begins to rise.

What expansion packs do you have? 

Any mods in your game?

Message 2 of 7 (376 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi (: It has only happened since I have installed the Island Paradise. I have: Base game, Pets, Island Paradise, and Ambitions currently installed. I don't have any mods or extra installed items. Everything I have is from either an expansion pack or the Sims Store. The ghosts don't go away and they even take up home lots which is really weird, instead of just dying and not being part of the active family anymore. 

Thank you for taking your time in answering me :D

Message 3 of 7 (367 Views)

★ Pro

Are you currently playing in Isla Paradiso? If yes did you start a new game or did you move your sims from a previous saved game there? 

If you're playing in another town, did you start a new game or are you playing a previous saved game?

Message 4 of 7 (360 Views)

★★★★ Novice

When your own sims die they will stay in their home. Their grave will appear in your garden. You have to move to another house (and leave their grave behind) or delete their grave x

Message 5 of 7 (356 Views)

★★★ Novice

Previous saved game that moved to Isla Paradiso. (:

Message 6 of 7 (339 Views)

★ Pro

Sorry for the delay, I don't work for EA  and there have been so many issues here on Answer HQ since the new patch that it's been hard to keep up with all the threads while living my real life and trying to play IP so that I have an idea of what other simmers are talking about.

Well, I tried both situations:

• I started a new game in Isla Paradiso and no ghosts.
  • I moved a sim to the library from Dragon Valley, loaded Isla Paradiso and made that sim merge with an existing household, as soon as the sim from the library appeared on the household I got the ''we have so much in common, I'd love to get to know you better'' from a ghost sim! That household did not have a ghost sim living there so it was very weird because I didn't even see a ghost sim around, but that was just it, I haven't seen any ghost sims circulating the town. Just out of curiosity, did you buy an existing lot or did you build one? Can you tell me the address of your sim's house?
Message 7 of 7 (324 Views)