Game says "Play", but not installed...

by jlorren

Original Post

Game says "Play", but not installed...

★★★★★ Newbie

This is about The Sims 3 Generations. It says "Play", but it is not installed on my MAC. I have searched, it is NOT installed.

How do I install, if it says "PLAY"? I cannot delete what is not there...

Message 1 of 7 (200 Views)

Re: Game says "Play", but not installed...

★★★★ Pro

This post is supposed to help you manually remove a game from Origin on Mac: https://help.ea.com/article/how-do-i-manually-remove-a-game-from-my-games-on-origin-using-mac

Message 2 of 7 (195 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I also have 7 other games downloaded and installed, will this delete all of them and I will have to start all over?

Message 3 of 7 (193 Views)

Hero (Retired)

If you do not get your problem resolved and no one else answers, perhaps you could post your question on Apple Support ?

There's an older thead about that here:   How do I install The Sims 3 on my new macbook pro? - Apple Sup

Hope this helps Standard smile

Please accept solutions if they are correct and press the XP button if somebody helped you.

Message 4 of 7 (192 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I don't know since I've only ever had the Sims.  However, don't saves from other games get saved to a cloud and not the Origin application?

Message 5 of 7 (186 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

No, I have 7 other Sims games in Origin

Message 6 of 7 (184 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I think I understand what you mean now.  Following these instructions only removes Origin from your computer, not the Sims games.  What will happen is Origin gets deleted and then you reinstall it.  Once it's reinstalled Origin will notice/"recognize" what games you have installed on your computer and should only display the "play" button for the appropriate ones.  Deleting Origin does not touch your games since those are installed in another part of your hard drive.

Message 7 of 7 (180 Views)