Re: Game keeps freezing at the same time, no matter what household

by crinrict

Original Post

Game keeps freezing at the same time, no matter what household

★★★ Newbie

So I hadn't played Sims 3 in a while but I ended up buying Supernatural. I played it for a couple days then realized I had an update so I updated the game. Now, I can't play. I load the game like normal but the family I'm playing keeps freezing at the same time in the game, 5:15. I looked online for some help and I've tried evicting the family then putting them back, then evicting them and deleting the house and putting them in another house but it keeps happening. Then I tried a different family and the same, the game goes on fine but then freezes around 5 am in the game and I can't click on anything or move, I can't even do CTRL-Shift-C to try and do resetsim. The trees move and the animations keep repeating over and over and I can hear sound, but I can't do anything, I just have to escape the game. I don't know what to do, I'm stuck and can't play the game at all now.

Message 1 of 18 (8,876 Views)

Hero

There's probably something happening at that specific time that makes your game freeze. It's a but hard to tell what it could be.

Possibly an inactive that's supposed to go to work or something at that time.

Do you have the Ambitions EP ? What about Late Night ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 18 (8,862 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This keeps happening to me as well. My time is right around 4:15am Frown

I have Late Night, Generations and World Adventures installed as well. I hope someone finds the answer because I don't want to lose my sim Frown

Message 3 of 18 (8,855 Views)

Hero

This might help: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/02/bug-clock-stops-at-a-certain-time.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 18 (8,853 Views)

★★★ Novice

i'm having that problem. at a certain time my game freezes i have tried deleting a lot of custom content but nothing. i'm close to giving up because in all of my households it freezes at their on time. Everything can be heard and moves exept the sims. i can move my mouse but i can't click, if it frezzes with the person symbol or the go here symbol it stays that way. I have to close with out saving because it won't move.

Message 5 of 18 (8,216 Views)

Hero

Try resetting all your Sims in your town with resetsim *

To do so

• Open the cheat console with ctl-shift-c
  • Type resetsim * (including the *)

This should put all your sims and animals to a safe location.

You might have a stuck Sim somewhere

Here's some more tips: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Lags-amp-Freezes/td-p/646

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 18 (8,210 Views)

★★★ Novice

Okay i will try that but once my game freezes i have no controls. I cant move the screen and everyone stops moving

Message 7 of 18 (8,205 Views)

★★★ Novice

I just finished and it didnt help at all. No one is probably stuck since this started happening to all my households and i have mod to stop people from getting stuck. This glitch is fustrating.

Message 8 of 18 (8,202 Views)

Hero

What time does it freeze ?

What mods are you using ? Are they all updated ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 18 (8,202 Views)

★★★ Novice

every household does this so one frezes at 8:00 pm, one at 1:34 am, and one at 5:30 pm. I have master controller, woohooer, overwatch, and debudg enabler. I have version 1.55 so i make sure they say 1.55-1.57. Im thinking giving up on my game because it wont work at all

Message 10 of 18 (8,199 Views)