Game crashes

by Hasaz123

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game crashes

★★★ Novice

My ts3 always crashes. If I play, I can create a sim but if I stay too long in there can the colors get super bright and when I click on the "finish" button can the sim be all green and look super weird. It can also be so that my game will save and it won't save because of code 12 or 16 or something like that and also the bar under the actual game screen when I´m in build mode etc can it be black and then do I've to quit playing. The game always crashes when I shall change a sims outfit in CAS

So:
Black build mode bar
Bright colours
The game always crash
Weird looking sims without any eyes sometimes and they can have different colours but in CAS do they look normal
Outfit CAS crashes
Error codes
And probably some more things that i don't remember now.

The last game I created lasted a sim day and now can't I play it or save cuz it doesn't work.
I've reinstalled all my ts3 games but it wont work

Help? Standard smile

Message 1 of 8 (244 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game crashes

★★★ Pro

Your missing your video card info from your DxDiag. Your CPU is a little bit lower than the minimum requirements but since your only playing the base game it all depends on your video card and its possible it wont work with the newer patches.

Check your DXdiag , your video card info is at the top end of your DxDiag. I need to see that. Maybe you just need to update your video driver?

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (206 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Pro

Are you on mac or PC? If Mac please let us know so a Mac helper can assist you

If you are on PC ..

Error code 12 is due to memory, When you get that error (or any error) you will get bad saves and you need to remove those saves. In my documentnts to Electronic Arts Folder to the sims 3 folder. In the sims folder you will find the saves folder. In the saves folder delete any saves that have "Bad" on the end of them.

Also dont use your save option use the "Save As:" feature below save.  Rename your file and save as. This gives you a clean save and does not overwright the previous save. Using regular save overwrights your game and could be come corrupt.

also delete your Cashe files very time you play it cleans the game without deleting anything from the game. You should remove these files before you start your game, the game will generate new ones. http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Helpims_3_Delete_Cache_Files

Do you use any CC or Mods?

What world are you playing?

Did the game ever work or you have always had issues? Sounds like you are having graphic issues

Coul you please post your DxDiag. To gather a DxDiag, windows Key + R Key, in the run box type dxdiag, hit ok let it load and save to desktop. Please post the whole report here. You will have to do this in several posts. TY

Message 2 of 8 (236 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Message 3 of 8 (231 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Message 4 of 8 (229 Views)

★★★ Novice

I only have stuffs from the store

I mostly play in Sunset Valley

And it has always worked till like last year

Message 5 of 8 (225 Views)

★★★ Pro

Your missing your video card info from your DxDiag. Your CPU is a little bit lower than the minimum requirements but since your only playing the base game it all depends on your video card and its possible it wont work with the newer patches.

Check your DXdiag , your video card info is at the top end of your DxDiag. I need to see that. Maybe you just need to update your video driver?

Message 6 of 8 (207 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah I think that might can be the problem! I'll ask someone in a computer store for help Standard smile thanks for your help!

Message 7 of 8 (196 Views)

★★★ Pro

If you know what video card you have AMD, Nvidia etc check the video card web to see if they have an update for you

Message 8 of 8 (190 Views)