Game crashes while saving

by Dexanari

Original Post

Game crashes while saving

★ Novice

I've had Seasons installed from the day of release without any issues, but since last night my game will crash without fail whenever I want to build on a lot. The first time it happened I lost a lot of progress, and then it happened again twice today. I grew curious about what was causing it, so I started the game up, changed ONE part of my house (the roof) and then attempted to save.... and it crashed again. There may be other triggers, but I know that at least seems to be one of them.

I have every expansion, and have no mods installed. This is a very new occurrence, and something I have never experienced prior to last night, so I'm not sure what has changed to cause it. I can't even play the game now, because there's no point when whatever I do may end up lost... >.<

Message 1 of 5 (250 Views)

Re: Game crashes while saving

★ Novice

This has been happen to me too!  This was driving me crazy, I had a lovely home to build.  I tested around and have found I can save so long as I don't contstruct above the first floor.  Basements are saving alright for me as well.  I do hope this gets patched soon, but at least there's a work around for you.

Message 2 of 5 (227 Views)

Hero

try turning off the weather effects before going into build mode.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 5 (219 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same exact problem. I thought maybe it was a cheat that i used. It was a cheat ive never heard of before. I tried saving the game without using it and it still crashed. I agree that it is no longer fun to play sims with this issue. Im to the point where i dont evenwant to start up the game because of this issue. If you find out anything let me know.

thanks.

Jenna

Message 4 of 5 (215 Views)

★ Novice

I just made a reply post about this on another thread, trying to go back to "edit town" to save. It either hangs up while loading back to "edit town" then crashes or loads to "edit town" but then crashes when I click "save/save as".....seems like ALOT of people are experiencing this issue LATELY.........I'm one of them! Confusedmileymad:

Message 5 of 5 (212 Views)