Game crashes at loading screen

by timmycutts

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game crashes at loading screen

★ Novice

I recently bought The Sims 3: Supernatural via Origin and I installed the latest patch along with the expansion, but, when I try to play it, it gets to the loading screen and just crashes. I opened the debugger and it says "Unhandled win32 exception has occured in TS3W.exe [*insert random four-digit number here*]". I've tried every method of troubleshooting that I could think of, including running without custom content and altering the DEP settings, but to no avail. I uninstalled the expansion and tried running it, also with no success, which I'm pretty sure means that it's definitely caused by the patch, since I haven't had any problems before.

My current version number is 12.0.273.018001, I have the following expansions installed:

• World Adventures
  • High-End Loft Stuff
  • Ambitions
  • Fast Lane Stuff
  • Late Night
  • Outdoor Living Stuff
  • Generations
  • Town Life Stuff
  • Pets
  • Showtime

My computer also has the following specifications:

• 2GHz processor
  • 4GB RAM
  • ATI Radeon 3100 graphics
  • Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit

Hopefully all that information is concise enough for someone to be able to help.

Message 1 of 10 (1,796 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game crashes at loading screen

Hero

Did you ever install any mods in the old place in programs or use the installer helper Monkey ? If so, have you checked if you got rid of the folder there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 6 of 10 (1,785 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Are you using mods ? Running without cc does not get rid of those, you need to remove the mods folder and delete the cache files

Go to documents\ea\thesims3 and delete these files

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (1,750 Views)

★ Novice

I have tried that. While I was trying to figure out how to fix it, I went through the crashing checklist on SimsWiki, but none of them helped.

Message 3 of 10 (1,746 Views)

Hero

Is your windows and all of its components up-to-date ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (1,744 Views)

★ Novice

It is (now), but I've tested and it's still not working.Confusedmileyfrustrated:

Message 5 of 10 (1,734 Views)

Hero

Did you ever install any mods in the old place in programs or use the installer helper Monkey ? If so, have you checked if you got rid of the folder there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (1,786 Views)

★ Novice

I thought I had gotten rid of all of my mods when I went through the checklist, but I went through the folders again, as well as the ones in my documents, and found one or two that I'd missed. I also got rid of a bunch of back-up files for content that I don't use and it seems to work fine now, so I'll try installing the EP again in the morning and see how it goes.

Message 7 of 10 (1,727 Views)

Hero

Could you accept one of the posts as a solution so people see this is sovled as well as what the solution was ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (1,712 Views)

★ Novice

How did you solve your problem?

Message 9 of 10 (1,706 Views)

Hero

They removed their incompatible mods.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (1,704 Views)