Game Launcher unable to connect to Origin

by angelgirl15351

Original Post

Game Launcher unable to connect to Origin

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

When I open the Sims 3 Game launcher, I get the error message "unable to connect to Origin". How can I fix this?

Message 1 of 8 (2,194 Views)

Re: Game Launcher unable to connect to Origin

[ Edited ]
Hero

Make sure Origin is updated. If it is, reinstall Origin completely.

If that does not help, it might be due to server issues on EA's side

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (2,167 Views)

★ Novice
I have all the Sims 3 games installed and I'm going to have to uninstall all of them then reinstall them. I'm more then likely going to loose my downloaded content, is there a way to prevent that?
Message 3 of 8 (2,147 Views)

Hero

Backup your folder in documents. All downloaded content is in dccache and downlaods as well as the mods folder if you have that.

Simply put that back once you are done reinstalling.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (2,142 Views)

★★★ Newbie

have you figure out the problem yet i dont know how to fix it 

Message 5 of 8 (2,044 Views)

★★ Novice

To fix the proble of "unable to connect to Origin" did u really have to delete all ur games and redownload them ALL?

Message 6 of 8 (1,311 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have been having the same issue.  I have uninstalled Origin at least 10 times doing so manually and using the control panel.  I turned off all virus and firewall protection while re-installing.  I am still having the issue.  I have chatted with 6 techs and each of them tell me to do the same thing because they have no clue.  I made sure ports were open, allowed everything in my firewall.  What they ended up doing was sending me the patch; however, I can't download anything from the EA site and use in the game because the two aren't in sync.  I don't think the tech online know anything.  I feel answsers are what we need.  If someone has any idea's on how to get the EA site and Origin to link, please let us know.

Message 7 of 8 (881 Views)

Hero

Try downloading the patch manually here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Patch-1-39/td-p/67858/

That link should not care at all if Origin is even installed (and yes, you're downloading from an EA server)

How did they send you the patch ? 

---------------------------------
Please accept a solution if your issue is solved. XP is also appreciated
I don't work or have any association with EA
Questions belong in the forums. I don't answer questions via PM.
Help us helpers to help you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (872 Views)