For Anyone Missing EPs/SPs!!!

by HippieWiccan13

Original Post

For Anyone Missing EPs/SPs!!!

★★★★★ Apprentice

I can post this reply on tons of different posts but it seems easier to post it here...this is what I have found for those of you missing packs:

I have been reading the past few days on Facebook and the problem seems to be with charge backs.  Whoever originally purchased the codes (and then resold them to simmers) has initiated a charge back with their credit card company.  Basically this means that they tell the CC company that they did not authorize the initial purchase and the CC company gives them their money back.  So, the CC company goes back to EA/Origin and voids the payment.  Now, EA/Origin is revoking usage rights for the games that they are being forced to refund the money for.  There is a petition on change.org to try to get folks their games back since they bought them in good faith.  All of this goes back to the original reseller on ebay (or where ever you buy cheap game codes).  They are trying to get their money back from their CC and keep the money folks paid them for codes.

Contact EA/Origina nd see if they can help you.  Also...contact the site you purchased the codes through.  EBay should give you your money back...IDK about other sites!

Message 1 of 8 (1,268 Views)

Re: For Anyone Missing EPs/SPs!!!

★ Apprentice

Can't find the petition.

Message 2 of 8 (1,250 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

[Edited by EA_Mai: link removed - petitions are not allowed. Please, check Answers HQ rules]

Message 3 of 8 (1,245 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

**UPDATE**

It seems that this is a blanket purge on all, non authorized, third party sellers.  Anyone who bought games/codes from sites not on the approved list is having their games yanked!  Contact your sellers/sites folks...it doesn't seem EA is going to be much help on this one!

Sign the petition!  Anyone who bought the game in good faith should not be having it taken from them!

Message 4 of 8 (1,238 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've signed.

i contacted EA this afternoon and they told me that EA terms of service put a ban on my missing Island Paradise EP (purchased from ebay) and then they escalated my case to the terms of service team,but they told me that they are doing their best to get the game back for me.

i'm not sure about that at all. 

Message 5 of 8 (1,229 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Most of what I have been reading that folks are being told boils down to this: You didn't buy it from a retailer on our list so you have to buy it again!

IDK why customer service is giving people different stories other than they don't want to get yelled at by simmers or they really have no clue WTH is happening!

Good luck getting your game back!!!

Message 6 of 8 (1,225 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thank you!! 

Actually i don't think i will get it back...i think i will have to rebuy it anyway. I'm going to wait a while just to see if anything changes but i don't think so...sad situation Frown

Message 7 of 8 (1,218 Views)

EA app Team

Hi all,

I'm locking this thread as we already have a thread for this issue. Please, keep all the discussion related to one topic in the same place: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Sims-3-expansions-missing/m-p/6068657#U6068657.

Thanks,

Mai

Message 8 of 8 (1,193 Views)