File: D:\GameDate\Packages\Fullbuild1.package Error: Data error (cyclic redunbancy check) - How to solve??

by Jashani05

Original Post

File: D:\GameDate\Packages\Fullbuild1.package Error: Data error (cyclic redunbancy check) - How to solve??

★★★ Newbie

I bought a new disk of The Sims 3, but when I try t install it, it stops in the middle and says File: D:\GameDate\Packages\Fullbuild1.package Error: Data error (cyclic redunbancy check).

What do I do? How do I solve it? 

Message 1 of 5 (25,286 Views)

Re: File: D:\GameDate\Packages\Fullbuild1.package Error: Data error (cyclic redunbancy check) - How to solve??

★★★★ Novice

I'm not sure if you still have the problem, but maybe this will help.

What I did when this happened to me is take out the CD when the error pops up, put it back in and press try again on the error box, another box should appear which states something about the CD not being found, you then pick your DVD drive and the installation should continue. The error may appear again a few times, you just continue to do the same thing.

If that doesn't work or you get fed up with it I'm pretty sure you can just press ignore each time and the installation should go on. Afterwards you open your CD's content (basically open the CD so you see what you have on it) Go to GameData, Shared, Packages and copy all three of the fullbuild files. Then you go ahead to the disc you installed sims to and find EA folder, where you simply look for the exact same folder as you did on your CD. Then you paste the files into it (if you have them then let them be replaced!) and the game should work. It worked for me Standard smile

Good luck!

Message 2 of 5 (25,083 Views)

Re: File: D:\GameDate\Packages\Fullbuild1.package Error: Data error (cyclic redunbancy check) - How to solve??

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem, I would just copy and paste the files like renthedummy said, But It wont let me just ignore it and continue with the installation, It makes me either retry or cancel. Frown  HELP PLEASE . Dx

Message 3 of 5 (24,713 Views)

Hero

See if this link helps you: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/03/error-cyclic-redundancy-check.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (24,705 Views)

Re: File: D:\GameDate\Packages\Fullbuild1.package Error: Data error (cyclic redu

★★★ Newbie
@Jashani05 i hadethe same probleme but nothing helpt
i m still on it
Message 5 of 5 (1,985 Views)