[FAQ] Unable to connect with origin

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [FAQ] Unable to connect with origin

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

OMG. I Finally Finally figured this out.

OK. So I have a Intel Core-i7 4770k processor which has variable speed control depending on how hard it is working. Various other people have processors that do the same thing.

Mine happens to default to 800MHz when it isn't doing anything and up to 4300MHz when it is fully active.

Turns out that EACore.dll doesn't like it if the CPU/Processor is reporting a very low speed.

Anyhow, I forced my processor to run at a specific speed e.g. 3500 MHz which was reported in (My Computer -> Properties)

Note that the reported processor speed is what is important. The FAR RIGHT number in the "Processor:" line.

And then Origin Works!

Sims 3 Works and connects to Origin

This fixes the following bugs that are over the place.

Crashing dlls/executables

PAUL.dll

EACore.dll

OriginLegacyCLI.exe

And even some login issues some people have.

Multiple tools that Origin uses goes through EACore.dll so this is a cause for many different types of failures.

I found my way to this solution because someone else was having login issues with his AMD 955 processor and found out that switching in another processor with fixed timing fixed it.

Message 51 of 70 (958 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Manually updating Origin AND Sims 3 seems to have fixed it for me. Don't trust either telling you they don't have any updates and download the updates yourself just to be sure. This may not help everyone having the issue, but it's worth trying.

For reference, I used the Super Patch and downloaded the Origin Installer from Origin's website (which updates it rather than installing it if you already have it). I think my problem is Origin was saying that it had updated, but then attempted doing so again every time I restarted and though Sims 3 didn't ask for an update, the version number listed was clearly the wrong one, so it had downloaded the update and then... did who knows what with it.

Message 52 of 70 (859 Views)

★ Novice

hi, um i have this problem... but my dad also has an origin account and he doesnt have this trouble. i know its not avast or a firewall... what else can i do?

Message 53 of 70 (836 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i went to the MyAccount thing on origin.com and it wasnt connected to thesims.com and i dont know how to get it on there.  I used the same email but i dont know what to do can someone please tell me?

Message 54 of 70 (780 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having an issue where I go to update my game and it either 1.closed my launcher and doesn't do anything or 2. says I'm unable to connect to origin. I've checked everything I'm suppose to and I've tried updating manually and no luck has come to me. I'm not sure what the problem is but I really want to update my game so I can play University Life and Island Paradise.

Message 55 of 70 (646 Views)

★★ Novice

I just had to reinstall TS3 onto a new laptop FROM ORIGIN. When I downloaded Ambitions, it says I need to update TS3 base game in order to install the next expansion pack. I went to the launcher and it says "You Game is Up to Date", then says "Cannot Connect to EA Game Launcher".

I tried downloading the patches mentioned in other posts. But they will not install. I keep getting error messages. How can I reinstall my games?

Message 56 of 70 (629 Views)

★★ Novice

Why is it that now that I'm trying to download purchased Sims 3 games onto a new laptop, I can't play them?

It keeps saying "unabled to connect to EA Download Manager". This manager doesn't exist anymore. My Origin has all the games listed, yet doesn't say it's connected to my Sims account. I don't know how to connect them. There is no option for that, as far as I can see.  I used the same email address and password to login to both.

Using the patch worked to get the base game working. But after downloading and installing World Adventures and Ambitions, it's doing it again. The game launcher comes up, tells me it cannot connect to EA Download Managar, then when I try to hit play to play the game, the launcher disappears and it just goes away.

I thought that patch would work for every game after the base game. It says it's up to date. But obviously not. Why are there SO many issues with this? You'd think the makers of these games would spend more time making sure these bugs are GONE from the games people love before they start coming out with new games.

Message 57 of 70 (611 Views)

★★ Novice

There is no "repair your game" option. What are you even talking about?

Message 58 of 70 (610 Views)

★★ Novice

This only worked with the base game. When I installed expansion packs from Origin, I'm having the same issue. Origin will not automatically connect with my Sims account, and TS3 game launcher is trying to connect to EADM. It says the game is up-to-date, but it won't play. I hit the play button and the launcher disappears and nothing happens. I tried reinstalling the patch here, and that did nothing.

Message 59 of 70 (607 Views)

★★ Novice

This question has been asked repeatedly on several threads. And has never been answered. I have the same email address and password with Origin and Sims. It is supposed to automatically connect, but it won't. And they can't answer the question of "why?".

Message 60 of 70 (606 Views)