[FAQ] There was an error during Startup

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [FAQ] There was an error during Startup

★★★ Newbie

Got the Sims basic pack and supernatural. Reinstalled it 3 times seems to be a good amount and still get the same problem.

"problem at program start, more information in log" can't find the log and can't find any good conclusions on the web either.

I have followed the steps above and it still doesn't work. A bit harsh to spend money on a game that doesn't working the first day you get it.

Message 21 of 56 (3,314 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

having the same problem. 

@brittanyh91 wrote:

I keep getting this message too. My Sims 3 Launcher wont startup through Origin and I have tto use it to play. tthen itt says read Log.. what log?

is there anyone who can help???

Message 22 of 56 (3,256 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have been having this problem all day but I believe I have found a soulution.                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyKMnpKHGg8

This video pretty much summed everything up on what I was doing wrong or missing. It may not help everyone, but I hope it can solve some problems.

Message 23 of 56 (3,199 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

That helped me, thanks so much!

Message 24 of 56 (3,179 Views)

★★ Novice

I have tried everything on that list. Still nothing Frown 

The weird part is that everything works fine on my sisters PC, and we have pretty much the same computer. It gives me the "Log" error message but not her.

Message 25 of 56 (3,017 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the Origin digital download versions of Sims3 and World adventures, i installed sims3 and updated to 1.50 patch, installed world adventures, game wouldnt start. Uninstalled world adventures, game starts fine. I am running Win 7 with MS Antivirus but this doesnt seem to be the problem, it is the expansion world adventures causing the problem for me, this has been broken since i bought it over a year ago EA need to admit they have screwed up and get the problems sorted once and for all instead of just thinking.."oh well we have your money..what do we care now" which is how i feel they treat us the customer.

Message 26 of 56 (2,990 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just baught The sSims 3 game starter pack and I tried installing it and I keep reading online that if you dont want origin you can just say "no" but its not giving me that option. and I've tried just about everything and nothing is working. I'm still getting the error during startup message and I dont know what's wrong. I have windows 8 on a brand new laptop that came with windows and that might be part of the problem but again, I'm really not sure what the problem is. I've tried getting ahold of EA Tech Support but they put me on hold for about an hour before I just gave up. Someone please help me!!!

Message 27 of 56 (2,768 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have exactly the same problem- did all uninstalling thing and cleaning and reinstall, and still error has occured- how come when buying an official game it is much harder to make it work than when playing pirate ones? Answer- dont have opther solutions is not a help- we paid for this game. And the most annoying part: please check the log... what log?

Message 28 of 56 (2,628 Views)

Hero

Well it might be annoying but it's the truth. I don't work for EA, I have no insight into the games code and I just try to find solutions around the net and put them in one place.

AnswerHQ is about users helping users and that's all I am and most other helpers here.

I'm sorry if the solutions provided don't help you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 29 of 56 (2,618 Views)

★ Novice

just did what you suggested and it worked!!! gosh, thank you so much!!!!!!

Message 30 of 56 (2,489 Views)