Re: Experiencing Installer Issues?

by crinrict

Original Post

Experiencing Installer Issues?

★★★ Newbie

I installed sims 3 at origin electronically and it wont play  it crashes even before the city I wish to play comes in.

i have been with Sims from the start I have always bought the cds and downloaded them all that way. Recently

I was having problems with my games crashing every one of them  5 expansions on the Sims 3 base. So I

unintalled them all thinking I would re install them and maybe the crashing would stop. When I went back

to my pile of expansions I realized I had lost or misplaced my Sims 3 base so I decided to go to origin

and buy it again and downloaded from there. Well I got an error message :

CRC error: the file c:\program files\origingames\the sims 3\game data\shared\packages dosnt match the file

in the setup .cab file. The mediumfrom which you are running the setup may be corrupted. contact you software

vendor.

Well as i said I downloaded the game thru the download proceedure at Origin and I am really upset and I really

need help,

Joyce

Message 1 of 3 (158 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Seems quite common atm.

I'll forward this to the community managers.

May I ask what country your in ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (156 Views)

Community Manager

Heya Joyce,

Thank you for taking the time to detail what exactly you experienced when attempting to install the latest update for the Sims 3.

As we are currently looking into this, it would be nice to know the following:

1. Which city & region are you located in?
  2. Which IPS do you use?

Cheers,

Nils

Message 3 of 3 (147 Views)