Re: Expansion Textures Black

by crinrict

Original Post

Expansion Textures Black

★★ Novice

Hello All,

I have a problem where all of the textures from my expansion packs (Ambitions, Generations, Late Night, Pets, Seasons, University Life) are pitch black.

Textures from original game are fine and all textures are present during gameplay, however, If I try to place an object that contains a texture from an expansion, that part of the object with the texture is pitch black and then will never appear. The texture thumbnails in the customizer toolbar on the righthand side are also pitch black if they came with an expansion pack.

Also, the curved fountain pieces are square-ish and covered in grass texture.

I've tried deleting the cache folders and disabling the advanced rendering option but neither worked.

I don't have any mods installed but I did start experiencing these problems after downloading some objects from the online store and updating my game to version 1.67.2.024001

I have an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 graphics card and have had no trouble with it in the past.

Please help me, I can't find anyone else who has had this problem. I think my next step will be to back up my saves and uninstall/reinstall the game which I really don't want to do.

Thanks,

Audrey

Message 1 of 6 (163 Views)

Hero

Try resttetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps/td-p/714/

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (146 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thanks for the reccomendation, crinrict, it was much appreciated! However, it didn't work Frown expansion textures are still black and can't figure out where the problem is!

Thanks,

Audrey

Message 3 of 6 (140 Views)

★★ Novice

UPDATE: I uninstalled everything and reinstalled everything and patched etc. and the problem is fixed. However it's only fixed before I copied my backup folder back into the Sims 3 folder. I guess the problem is now contained only in the previous save folders somewhere. Any idea what I should do now?

Message 4 of 6 (135 Views)

★★ Novice

UPDATE 2: After updating java, my game works perfectly! Ugh! Why didn't I do this weeks ago?!

Message 5 of 6 (134 Views)

Hero

Great to hear.

Could you please accept a solution so people know that this is solved and what the solution was.

Thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (129 Views)