Expansion Packs Won't Load!

by stephdunbar10

Original Post

Expansion Packs Won't Load!

★ Novice

I have the Sims 3 base game downloaded onto my Origin account. The base game itself works perfectly and I am able to play with no problem. Once I download any of my expansion packs (I have pets and supernatural) however nothing seems to work. The launcher will appear like normal. When I press play however the launcher disappears as if the game is going to load, but nothing happens! 

I have uninstalled all expansion packs and my Sims 3 base game appears to be working fine on its own. I'm not sure why is stops working when the expansions are downloaded! Hopefully there is a quick fix to this problem! 

Message 1 of 2 (550 Views)

Re: Expansion Packs Won't Load!

Hero

What's your operating system ? Did you patch your game to the newest version ?

Try resttetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps/td-p/714/

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (543 Views)