Exchange content will not install

by dcrules4216

Original Post

Exchange content will not install

★★ Novice

I recently downloaded a lot from the exchange, and although it downloaded to the game launcher, it will not install. It will say it installed successfully, but then I'll go into edit town in the game and the house won't be there. This has happened to me several times, and occasionally it says that I have to update my game, but Origin says it's up to date. The house is called Sunset Starter by youmeatalxjulia, and the current version of my game is 1.69.43.024017. Anything that you can recommend would be much appreciated; I'm fairly new to the game and have no idea what could be causing this. Thank you very much for the help.

Message 1 of 5 (395 Views)

Re: Exchange content will not install

EA app Team

Hi @dcrules4216,

Let's try to find out what is going wrong, thanks for such a detailed post Standard smile

Could you check if the house is showing in the installed content tab of the launcher? Also, could you try to download another item, to make sure it's not a problem with that particular house?

-Mai

Message 2 of 5 (358 Views)

★★ Novice

When I try to install the lot, it initially says that it was successful, and it will appear with my installed content. However, the lot is never there when I actually launch the game. I tested it, and the lot will disappear from my installed content as soon as I close the launcher, whether or not I actually load the game. Additionally, I have successfully installed lots from the exchange after I downloaded this, as well as other store content. I don't know if it helps, but I've also been unsuccessful installing other lots from the same creator. Hopefully that answers your questions. 

Message 3 of 5 (346 Views)

EA app Team

It's interesting that you could install other lots and Store content, but not the lots from a certain creator. Could you give me the link to one of the creations you are having issues with so I can try if I have the same issue?

Thanks,

Mai

Message 4 of 5 (334 Views)

★★ Novice

Sorry it took so long but here is the link:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9043671

Thank you very much for your help; I really appreciate it Standard smile

Message 5 of 5 (294 Views)