Exchange Content Installs but does not appear in game

by indyskeep

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Exchange Content Installs but does not appear in game

★★ Novice

A few items I have downloaded off the Exchange say they download fine, then they install from the launcher, but when I launch the game they don't appear in any of the custom content areas. Then if I exit out of the game it doesn't show the items as installed in the launcher. I've tried restarting the computer before installing the items and restarting after I have installed the item. Neither seems to work. Any ideas on how to fix this or what the issue is?

Message 1 of 16 (251 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Exchange Content Installs but does not appear in game

Hero

It's one of those files that don't get installed. I can't tell you what it is but try the follwing: 

1. Install the house
  2. Go to DCBackup and find this file: 0x936c305a7e9b9c9f424e83ab12b5565d.package
  3. Move it from DCBackup to the library folder
  4. Start thte game and check if it's now availble
  5. Place it in your world if it is.
  6. Let the creator know that it can' tbe installed. They should probably re-export and re-upload.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 15 of 16 (316 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

see if the FAQ can help scroll to store content not showing up ingame http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3-Store/FAQ-The-Sims-3-Store/td-p/333394

Message 2 of 16 (243 Views)

★★ Novice

I followed what was in the FAQ and it still didn't work. Could it be cause the Content is from a UK creator and I am from the US?

Message 3 of 16 (236 Views)

Hero (Retired)

no i have download creations from people that live in other countries including Australia, if you like could you post a link to an item you can't get to show up and i'll see if i can get it to show up

there are other reasons to why say you own the item but it's a recolor then the color will show up in the CAS ( create a style ) or you don't own the item but usually that will give an error message to say so

Message 4 of 16 (233 Views)

★★ Novice
Message 5 of 16 (230 Views)

Hero

When you restart the launcher does it still show as installed ? For me it won't even download.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 16 (228 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Yeah, that is what it is doing. It installs, or says it installs then if I start the game or shut down the launcher it completely vanishs. This isn't the only item from the exchange doing that, just the one that is irritating cause the House is AWESOME.

Edit: Also I couldn't get it to download off the exchange, I got Lukeyy19 to send me a copy of it. Had this happen before too, but never both issues at the same time.

Message 7 of 16 (224 Views)

Hero (Retired)

i got liam oops page with the link , ill try again

Message 8 of 16 (221 Views)

Hero (Retired)

ok i tried again using the add to game and this is what a happened

Message 9 of 16 (219 Views)

★★ Novice

Uhm... I can send you the file via Email. Since I had to have Lukeyy19 send it to me directly, if that works for you?

Message 10 of 16 (216 Views)