Re: Error Code 12 (Game Will NEVER Save)

by crinrict

Original Post

Error Code 12 (Game Will NEVER Save)

★★★ Novice

I've been getting the "Error Code 12" for quite some time now. Originally, it only occurred once in a great while when I hadn't saved for a sim day or two. Over time, it began to appear more frequently. Soon, I had to begin saving twice a sim day in order to avoid this, and eventually, it got to the point where I couldn't ever save. I literally started the game up, created my sims, decorated my house without going in to "Live Mode", and when I tried to save after that, the error popped up. I hadn't even started playing! I've done everything that's been suggested to me except upgrading my computer, which is out of the question because it exceeds the minimum requirements for "the Sims 3", and I should not have to do this. I've noticed that it tends to do this more so in "Monte Vista" than any other world I've played in. I was wondering if anyone had any decent ideas about how to rid my game of this code. I have no CC nor mods, and the only content I have save for game content is store-bought content. Also, the error pops up whether I'm playing with cheats or not. Please share your ideas! I haven't been able to play my game for months! 

Message 1 of 5 (154 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Have you tried a factory reset?

Have you tried a complete uninstall/reinstall using either a full manual uninstall or an uninstaller such as Revo?  (Free and very good)

Have you tried using "Save As"?

Have you checked your Saves folder to see if there is one with a .bad ending on it.  This needs to be deleted if there is one there.

Message 2 of 5 (150 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've tried using "save as" and I've deleted my folders with ".bad" on the end multiple times..... I've also tried the factory reset. However, I have not tried reinstalling my games. Thank for the suggestion! I'll see if this works. 

Message 3 of 5 (144 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did it work after you uninstalled and reinstalled?

Message 4 of 5 (123 Views)

Hero

Find all info on Error 12 here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Save-Errors-Error-12-13-15-16/td-p/652

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (120 Views)