Epansion Pack help!! EA won't help at all.

by secretxsims

Original Post

Epansion Pack help!! EA won't help at all.

★★ Novice

Hi,

I've had a copy of Pets for years now that I never registered (back then, who really bothered about registering games?) Anyway, I would like to reinstall it but my new PC has no disk drive, so I have to do it through Origin but I've lost the code that came with the disk. After speaking to EA about this - they're saying they can't help since my game's not registered and also because I didn't buy my copy from them.

Is there any way I could get my registration code from the DVD itself?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Message 1 of 3 (178 Views)

Re: Epansion Pack help!! EA won't help at all.

Hero (Retired)

@secretxsims The dvd discs are generic. The software on the discs is dated and you are better off getting the digital download. If you never registered the game EA has no way of knowing the code that came with the game if you bought from a third party. If you have access to the old computer and the old computer has not be reset the code may still be in the registry. There is a program you can get called gamekeyrevealer (google it - it is free) . You can also redouble your efforts to find the paper to find the paper.

Message 2 of 3 (166 Views)

Re: Epansion Pack help!! EA won't help at all.

★★ Novice

@roberta591 Thanks for your suggestions. But its no use looking in the registry since the code I used when installing the game, came from the internet and would have already been registered by someone else.

I've uninstalled and re-installed  my sims 3 games a few times and the last time I did, I realized that I'd lost the code so I used a random one to install onto my computer. I have searched for the paper but haven't been able to find it. Anyway I will just have to figure something else out.

Thanks anyway

Message 3 of 3 (157 Views)