Endless Sound Repetition Error

by hpfan518

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Endless Sound Repetition Error

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have been playing the game for several weeks now and all of a sudden I started having this error. The sound that you hear when you achieve a skill or something along those lines keeps repeating itself over and over. I have quit the game and even shut down my computer but the sound keeps playing over and over again even though my sims aren't doing anything. Does anyone know how to fix this?  Also I just have the downloaded game no discs.

Message 1 of 13 (30,628 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Endless Sound Repetition Error

★★ Novice

To fix this problem, cancel all Oppurtunities, Home, Travel, School. It will stop it.

View in thread

Message 8 of 13 (34,712 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide

Have you tried resetting your game to factory settings? If not, see the details in the first section of this thread:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps/td-p/714

Message 2 of 13 (30,567 Views)

★ Novice

I am having the same problem as the original poster. I tried resetting to factory settings -- I am not and have never used any mods, either -- but the problem still happens.

I also tried resetting all of the sims, but that didn't help, either. The sound continues! 

Game was patched, drivers are up to date.... the only thing I did recently was get Seasons and Supernatural, and it only started happening after that.

Message 3 of 13 (30,537 Views)

Hero

What sound is it that is repetitive ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (30,533 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Well, the exact situation was that my sim accomplished some opportunity, helping an investigation at city hall, so it was that happy-successful sound.

I'm not sure what the technical name is for it! :womanvery-happy:

Unfortunately, the game is not playable with this error. I could make a new family in another world etc. but I REALLY don't want to have to do that. It happened to me once before in the game, so I moved the family to a new house (alas I didn't realize they would lose all of their skills etc) which stopped the sound, but meant I basically had to start over (disappointing!). 

Thanks in advance for your solutions.....

Message 5 of 13 (30,528 Views)

★ Novice

I'm still having this problem even though I tried all of the recommended solutions. Frown I can't play the game! 

Message 6 of 13 (30,495 Views)

Hero

Did you try resetting the Sim with the cheat resetsim firstname lastname ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 13 (30,488 Views)

★★ Novice

To fix this problem, cancel all Oppurtunities, Home, Travel, School. It will stop it.

Message 8 of 13 (34,713 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Cancelling the opportunities for the sims in your household works. Please do this Because I know how annoying the sound can get.
Message 9 of 13 (29,809 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

That helped, bobbby71 and NickiMassage02! Thank you! :D

I just had the same sound bug problem which didn't stop Confusedmileysad: --> just cancel the opportunity and it will stop :D

Message 10 of 13 (29,271 Views)