Re: EA Support ruined my game

by roberta591

Original Post

EA Support ruined my game

★★★ Novice

Alright, so here's the deal. For two weeks straight, I was having an issue where my game refused to install store content. I'd try to download it from both the launcher and the in-game downloads dashboard but it would never show up in game, like I never even tried to install it. It was only store content I purchased after January 6th, by the way, for some odd reason. So after two weeks of trying and trying and always failing, and methods I found on the forum not working, I decided to cave and approach EA Support. I ended up in a live chat with someone on there who essentially effed up my entire game. I was playing through Steam and now every time I try to open the game, stupid Origin always interferes. According to both my game and launcher, none of my expansion or stuff packs are installed anymore but every time I try to install them, Origin pops up and says they're already in there when VERY CLEARLY THEY ARE NOT. I haven't even tried downloading any store or custom content yet. I don't want to until my expansion packs are back where they should be: in my game. On top of everything, all my saved games have completely disappeared so hours upon hours of gameplay have been completely flushed down the toilet. My attempt to resolve what I considered a minor but pesky problem has turned into a complete disaster. If anyone actually intelligent has any advice or help on how to fix this, if there's even any way at all, it would be so, so, so appreciated. I need all the help I can get right now, I'm just honestly so frustrated and so furious.

Message 1 of 4 (239 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@myaekingheart How did you used to start the game? Steam installs the game to a different location and I think what happened is the desktop icon (which is a shortcut) got directed to the Origin location. You need to edit the shortcut to point to the Steam location (which I don't know). Find the game in Steam and right click the game - there should be an option to create a desktop icon. There are very big differences between the Steam installation and Origin installation. Problems between EA and Valve only made the situation worse. The problem is the DRM that TS3 was released with is no longer supported by the latest operating systems. You will have to contact Steam on how to properly update your game to properly patch to accept downloads from the store.

Message 2 of 4 (222 Views)

★★★ Novice

Alright, I'll have to try that, thanks. I'm starting to think maybe having an outdated version of Origin installed before wasn't helping, either? Like what essentially happened with the store downloads was that anything I purchased and downloaded before January 6th installed perfectly fine but then any time I tried after January 6th, none of it would go through. The launcher would say it's installed but then according to the in-game downloads dashboard and the game itself, none of it was there. It was essentially like trying to eat soup with a slotted spoon-- no matter how hard I'd try, the content would slip through and never end up in game. After two weeks of trying to fix it myself, I caved and resorted to EA Support who kind of made a bigger mess than was already there and now all my saved games are gone, no custom or store content is installed, and none of my expansion or stuff packs were there. I essentially have to redownload everything. I think I have my saved games and custom content backed up but considering I've never actually had to do anything this complex in terms of computer work and such, I'm kind of fumbling with a blindfold on a bit but I don't know, man, I was just super aggravated by everything that happened and had no idea what to do to fix it.

Message 3 of 4 (218 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@myaekingheart I'm guessing the 2 different installs using the same user data caused the corruption. You have to make a choice of one or the other and stick with it. Good luck

Message 4 of 4 (211 Views)