Downloading explansion packs from the Sims 3 website

by SarahLouKerrigan

Original Post

Downloading explansion packs from the Sims 3 website

★★★ Newbie

I recently bought various extras for my Sims game through Origin, and in the confirmation email I received I was told I had to download some of them through the Sims 3 website. I followed the instructions (inputting the serial code, going to Purchase History, and clicking on "Download") but the most that would happen is a new tab would open up in my browser, with nothing ever downloading. Am I doing something wrong, and/or what can I do about this? Thanks.

Message 1 of 10 (321 Views)

Re: Downloading explansion packs from the Sims 3 website

Hero (Retired)

try switching browsers if your using safari or chrome try IE or firefox

Message 2 of 10 (313 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here ive tried a diffrent browser but it does the same.

Message 3 of 10 (310 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@ivyamethyst wrote:

Same here ive tried a diffrent browser but it does the same.

what   excatkey are you trying to downlaod ? store items ? wirlds worlds ? or expansion/stuff packs

edit  typo

Message 4 of 10 (308 Views)

★★★ Pro

Have you tried going into your purchace history to download rather than using the item direct link? If you are logging into the sims 3 web through your launcher, try logging in while you are directly on the web. Your launcher will automatically open when downloading form purchase history. Also what internet browser are you using? If chrome try IE or firefox instead. Also try clearing your internet browser history.

Message 5 of 10 (303 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I am using Firefox.

I am not using links from my email or anything; I'm going through my Purchase History, as I stated in my original question.

And I am trying to download worlds and an item. I have tried downloading them individually, as well as cumulatively.

Message 6 of 10 (294 Views)

Hero

I tried to download something just now which didn't work either. Not sure what's going on but seems quite common atm.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (290 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just bought the Dragon pack and its doing the same thing to me... Just opening new windows, and the game won't even load for me now....

Message 8 of 10 (287 Views)

Hero

Try downloading again today.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 10 (284 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It worked now Standard smile Thanks! 

Message 10 of 10 (276 Views)