Downloading content from the Exchange/Registration Issues

by babyfenster

Original Post

Downloading content from the Exchange/Registration Issues

★★★ Newbie

Hello! I recently purchased the digital version of Sims 3 from Origin. I am now trying to dowload a house from The Exchange but when I click on "Add to Game", it prompts to enter my registration code to access "Full Community Services". According to what I've read, the digital purchase of Sims 3 from Origin is automatically registered with Sims 3 but it is not allowing me to download anything. I found the Product Code within the game and tried using that to register but it came back as an invalid product code. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 5 (168 Views)

Re: Downloading content from the Exchange/Registration Issues

★ Apprentice

You have to seperatly register the game on thesims3.com

Message 2 of 5 (159 Views)

★ Apprentice

If you tried that do a live chat with an EA representative and they should be able to fix your problem:robothappy:

Message 3 of 5 (157 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@babyfenster wrote:

Hello! I recently purchased the digital version of Sims 3 from Origin. I am now trying to dowload a house from The Exchange but when I click on "Add to Game", it prompts to enter my registration code to access "Full Community Services". According to what I've read, the digital purchase of Sims 3 from Origin is automatically registered with Sims 3 but it is not allowing me to download anything. I found the Product Code within the game and tried using that to register but it came back as an invalid product code. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

The exchange shoud not be asking you for a registration code. Its possible its a bad file. The Exchange is download upload at your own risk. You may get unwanted or  bad cc downloading form the exchange

The exchange is different than the offical EA store. Are you trying to redeem a code through the store?

Message 4 of 5 (153 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@skelin549 wrote:

You have to seperatly register the game on thesims3.com

No you dont register games seperately on the sims 3 web. Origin registers the games for you.  worlds you redeem at the sims 3 web not origin

Message 5 of 5 (150 Views)