Dowloaded Sims 3 Late Night from Origin and it won't play

by acole89

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dowloaded Sims 3 Late Night from Origin and it won't play

★★★ Newbie

Hey all!! 

I'm sure this question has been asked before but I can't find it in the forum. 

I downloaded Late Night today from Origin (there was a sale) and after download and installation, it still won't play. When I go in the Origin app and click on the game and press play, it opens the Sims 3 game launcher and I press the play button but then it says "no game disc found. Please insert University Life to play". University Life is the latest pack that I have installed so I think that's why it says that. 

I just cannot figure out why it won't play if I don't need a disk. Please help! I haven't tried calling technical support yet. Hoping to get the info from people who have had the same problem as me first. 

P.S 
I have also tried registering my game with my thesims3.com account but when I put the serial code in, it says it's wrong or that it's possible the code has been used before. I know some people have said registering with the Sims 3 site works but it won't even let me register the game.

Message 1 of 5 (2,618 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dowloaded Sims 3 Late Night from Origin and it won't play

Hero (Retired)

uni is the newset game so the game looks for the newest disk or download to play 

in the launcher is the late night icon highlighted like the rest of your game icons ? does bridgeport show up in the +new game drop down menu if so the game is installed and ready to play

if your game was regisitered on origin they automaticlly register the game on the sims 3 site for you so that s why you may have got the invalid code message

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (2,733 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

uni is the newset game so the game looks for the newest disk or download to play 

in the launcher is the late night icon highlighted like the rest of your game icons ? does bridgeport show up in the +new game drop down menu if so the game is installed and ready to play

if your game was regisitered on origin they automaticlly register the game on the sims 3 site for you so that s why you may have got the invalid code message

Message 2 of 5 (2,734 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok I checked to see if Bridgeport was in my new towns and it was! And I checked the create a sim features for Late Night and they were there. So I guess I can still play if I use the University Life disk.  It still is weird that I need a disk when I thought I didn't need one. But it doesn't matter as long as I get to play Late Night lol

I should have checked that before I posted in the forum. I guess I wasn't thinking. Thanks for pointing me in that direction.

Message 3 of 5 (2,565 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have this problem too! Whenever I try to play it wants me to put in my Uni disk, but I was borrowing it from a friend, and now I gave it back and she moved away with it! What can I do to play again!?

-Sophia

Message 4 of 5 (1,723 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@GummiSims   you do not own the uni one ? and that is the one you need to play with ?

Message 5 of 5 (1,712 Views)