Disc Authorization Failure. We are unable to verify that your disc is a valid copy of The Sims 3. Please contact customer support.

by tattyprice

Original Post

Disc Authorization Failure. We are unable to verify that your disc is a valid copy of The Sims 3. Please contact customer support.

★ Newbie

A while ago, I had some issues regarding my Sims 3 disk, I thought they were resolved, however after not playing the game for some time, the problem has reoccured. When I try to play the game the same message appears "Disc Authorization Failure. We are unable to verify that your disc is a valid copy of The Sims 3. Please contact customer support." I have tried deleting the DDCACHE folder before I play the game, and still it doesn't work. It is up to date, and I have verified the disk permissions.

I am really dissapointed that the game doesn't work again, after I was lead to believe that it had been resolved.

Message 1 of 9 (5,689 Views)

Re: Disc Authorization Failure. We are unable to verify that your disc is a valid copy of The Sims 3. Please contact customer support.

Hero

What's your operating system ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (5,639 Views)

Re: Disc Authorization Failure. We are unable to verify that your disc is a valid copy of The Sims 3. Please contact customer support.

★★★ Newbie

Mac

Message 3 of 9 (5,373 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem but with a PC.

Message 4 of 9 (5,363 Views)

Re: Disc Authorization Failure. We are unable to verify that your disc is a vali

★★★ Newbie

I've also got a Mac, I've only just started playing last week.

I've found that, so far, only the disc starting version of the base game actually allows me to play. I downloaded a patch to patch the launcher up to 1.67 and from there on immediately this error came up. I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to do, but I found uninstalling the game and reinstalling it seems to work (don't worry, the save files are kept)

Message 5 of 9 (5,116 Views)

Re: Disc Authorization Failure. We are unable to verify that your disc is a vali

Hero (Retired)

@alliegleek there is a patch for the pc (patch 1.69) only. Once you install Origin and get Origin to activate TS3 in Origin you do not need the disc. There is data that is burned to the optical disc in a way that is called over burning. Most optical drives can should read the data but can't write the data thus you can't reproduce the disc. Some optical drives (some manufacturers) will not read the data at all or stop reading it at any time. Replacing the drive usually cures the problem. The alternative is to use Origin. All my TS3 games are disc and Origin automatically added them to Origin and now at version 1.69 I don't need a disc because of Origin. Also this patch lifts the SecuROM install limit. 

Message 6 of 9 (5,103 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Cinna98 @tattyprice @smilypop2000 If you have el-capitan on your mac please refer to this post - el capitan issue

hth

Message 7 of 9 (5,102 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't have El Capitan (10.11), I'm at 10.6.8.

Message 8 of 9 (5,079 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Cinna98 I recall this issue was around since TS3 was released. As in the pc this is a problem with the optical drive itself. El-capitan seems to have made it worse. Probably something to do with the optical drive device driver. When TS3 came out EA did not have Origin yet - it replaced the EA Download Manager. Now you have Origin for mac.

Message 9 of 9 (5,074 Views)