Re: Crying Sims (but not mine)

by Zuzu_xox

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Crying Sims (but not mine)

★★★★★ Novice

PLEASE HELP! All the Sims in my world will not stop crying (or won't interact if they don't know him) with my Sim! This happened suddenly and it won't stop even after a whole Sim week...

Sim is not a ghost, receives party invitations and talks on the phone; but if he goes on a date/party everyone around him starts crying.

I've tried everything I know, and I invested so much on my Sim, I really didn't want to lose him... Devil Any ideas???

Message 1 of 13 (748 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Novice

My deepest thanks @fons_garmo and @_Mai, unfortunately that didn't work either... So I just decided to give my Sim a "twin" - same household of course - and after a while I killed the old one... Has to start learning stuff etc. but at least there is no more crying, the new one already has the same friends and all. Couldn't think of anything else but this. He can't travel and learn the recipes from other countries but that is all. *sigh*

Again, thank you so much for your help!

View in thread

Message 9 of 13 (706 Views)

All Replies

EA app Team

Hi @Zuzu_xox,

I'm sorry your sim is making everyone cry Frown  Let's try to find out what's happening. Are you using mods in your game? That could be the cause. If you are using them, please, remove them and try again. Is your neighborhood still a crying madness?

-Mai

Message 2 of 13 (732 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

No mods, thank you Mai - they are still crying....

Message 3 of 13 (725 Views)

EA app Team

Ok @Zuzu_xox, is this the only sim in the household?

Have you tried to reset him? To do so you would need to press Ctrl, Shift and C keys at the same time, which will open the cheat bar in the top of the screen. In that bar you would need to type: resetsim (Name) (Surname). For example, if the name of my sim was Bella Goth, I would type: resetsim Bella Goth. Then press return to apply the cheat.

Did that help?

-Mai

Message 4 of 13 (722 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes Mai, it is the only Sim - and I have reset him 3 times! I'm so desperate...

Thank you so much for your help...

Message 5 of 13 (719 Views)

Hi @Zuzu_xox,

I'd suggest using the cheat resetsim *, this will reset ALL the Sims in the world, so it may help with your issue Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 6 of 13 (707 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'll try that, many thanks fons_garmo! I did reset my Sim but I didn't know this particular cheat Fingers crossed

Message 7 of 13 (702 Views)

EA app Team

Thanks for that suggestion @fons_garmo, it's a good idea, let's hope it helps! Fingers crossed

-Mai

Message 8 of 13 (699 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

My deepest thanks @fons_garmo and @_Mai, unfortunately that didn't work either... So I just decided to give my Sim a "twin" - same household of course - and after a while I killed the old one... Has to start learning stuff etc. but at least there is no more crying, the new one already has the same friends and all. Couldn't think of anything else but this. He can't travel and learn the recipes from other countries but that is all. *sigh*

Again, thank you so much for your help!

Message 9 of 13 (707 Views)

EA app Team

Frown I'm sorry to hear it didn't work, @Zuzu_xox. I hope this weird situation doesn't happen again.

What are you making your sim learn?

Message 10 of 13 (659 Views)