Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Create A World (CAW) crashing after Edit In Game (EIG) is activated.

by brockieroad

Original Post

Create A World (CAW) crashing after Edit In Game (EIG) is activated.

★★★★ Novice

I'm new to CAW, but am learning as I go.  I followed the tutorials and walkthrough to where I was ready to build my first lot. I added a new layer by right-clicking "World Layer" under World Layers panel, then right-clicked "layer-1" and selected "Make Layer Active".  I turned the grid on, clicked "Lots" tab in Utilities and clicked the "add new lot" icon.  I created my lot by dragging the mouse to make it 64x64 and clicked to set it.  When the box popped up, I clicked "Community" wanting to make it a big Park.  I set the Additional Property Value to 25 and Beautiful Vista to 85 and clicked OK.  Following the directions in the Walkthrough, I went into "Edit in Game" (EIG).  According to the walkthrough, a mini-version of the game was to open where I wanted to place a lot from my Library. 

That's where the game crashes with a message that reads Windows (or Sims 3) has stopped working properly.  "You will be notified if (that's a laugh) a solution is available".

I have the latest Browser.  The game has been equipped with all the latest upgrades.  Can anybody help me?  I was so excited to get to this point in Creating my own World!  I'd love to continue!!  Please help, if you can!  I'd be most appreciative!

Confusedmileysad:

Message 1 of 1 (134 Views)

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

AHQ Origin Game Giveaway

We’re giving away games on Origin to helpful AHQ community members!

Find out more